Yamaha Transacoustic. Opinions?

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
I've been shopping for a keeper acoustic for several months.
I keep picking up a 000 type Yamaha Transacoustic at the local store. It plays great, the fit and finish are flawless.

The model I like is a bit blingy. It is a sunburst with gold hardware and it's stunning to look at. Yamaha makes good stuff.

I like the on board chorus and reverb, but I'm slightly concerned about the durability of that huge circuit board inside the guitar.

Do any of you have one, can you offer any reviews, or am I overthinking this?

I'm not in a rush, I have a couple guitars I want to trade towards a keeper lifetime acoustic, and I am moving at a snail pace to find "the one".

I originally wanted a Martin, but this guitar seems a better value in the low four figures than a similar priced Martin or Taylor.

I need some guidance.

elihu

Doctor of Teleocity
I remember those when I went guitar shopping a few years ago. I was pleasantly surprised by the playability and sound-the onboard reverb was quite useable and would work miced or in an intimate setting. The ones I played were the plain topped models, all under $700. I was impressed.

And that feeling you have about being drawn back. You’ve played it and it works for you. Remember that even within specific models there are good ones and not so good ones. It sounds to me that you found a good one.

dreamingtele

Poster Extraordinaire
I like them when I tried them. Theres good ones and theres bad ones. But Yamaha is so consistent that the 3 of the same transacoustic model I tried were similar in fit and finish, although 2 were warmer and the last one was lacking in low end - unplugged.

I didnt buy it because at that time I wanted the shape and look of a Martin OM