Yamaha THR10 afficionados, a question.

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by gmm52, Jan 19, 2020.

1. gmm52

gmm52 Tele-Meister

I recently tried a brand new Yamaha THR10 ii and really liked it, so I've been researching. I've seen some conflicting information about whether the new series has all new voicings, or whether it merely contains the voicings of the 10, 10C, and 10X combined. Official Yamaha promo material perhaps implies the latter, but it's not clear.

Has anyone here A/B'd MK1 and MK2 versions? If so, can the new unit dial in the same tones as the first version?

2. NewKid

NewKid Tele-Holic

I love my THR10C but even the 5 voicings are too many for me. I never use the Blues Junior setting and don’t understand why they used that amp instead of a Mesa Boogie for example.

I also don’t bother with software tweaks to the emulations because I’m lazy.

If I didn’t already have my Yamaha THR10C I would get the new one with wireless capability.

Sorry, I know I didn’t answer your question. I did not A/B the new version.

Guitarteach likes this.
  3. gmm52

gmm52 Tele-Meister

I appreciate the response anyway. I tried a new THR10 ii recently, and my first impressions were very positive, but I'd really like to find out if there's much difference between MK1 and MK2 strictly in terms of tone. I understand all of the other differences in features. THR10 is obviously a known quantity, but the MK2 is so new, I'd hate to buy one only to discover the earlier version sounds better. Not an impossible scenario.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.