Yamaha PAC112V : is there any love for it here?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Hastings, Oct 18, 2020 at 1:25 AM.

1. Hastings

Hastings Tele-Meister

I've read reviews, but I would like to know if anyone here has any opinions about the general quality of the things.
    Thanks.

2. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

In my experience, Yamaha guitars are always high quality, great value instruments... Fender and Gibson, and most other makers lag behind...

idjster and lupowitz like this.
  3. ieatlions

ieatlions Tele-Holic

The quality is very very consistent. For the money they’re had to beat!

idjster and lupowitz like this.
  4. VintageSG

VintageSG Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

There is a lot of love for Yamaha products on here. They make great instruments and motorcycles. Iconic examples of both are their SG series guitars, their Pacifica range, their entire acoustic range, and the XJ650, RD350, FS1E and FZ1000 motorcycles.

Lockback likes this.
  5. Wildeman

Wildeman Tele-Meister

Yes, get it.

6. telepraise

telepraise Tele-Afflicted

Not sure about the 112, but I bought the top of the line 611VFM because I wanted locking tuners and bonafide SD pickups. The fit and finish are flawless. The poly finish is thin and perfect. The only features that may give some pause are the narrow nut and the flatter FB radius, it's more of a shredder's guitar. Yamaha has a good reputation to uphold in everything they make.

7. Blues Twanger

Blues Twanger TDPRI Member

They lack panache and cachet but are the best in their price range for quality, fit, and finish.

rangercaster likes this.
  8. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Tele-Afflicted

I used to have a Pacifica 112v way back in the 90's. I gigged with it for so many years. I popped in an SD Distortion on bridge an it was rocking! I sold it in the early 2000's when I came over to America. I miss that bugger.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I havea Yamaha EG112C2 right now that is my experiment guitar. It's configured to play bass at the same time. It has 2 outputs for guitar and bass.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

West44th likes this.
  9. Injam

Injam Tele-Meister

The one I had was very good, but then I looked on the back and it was made in China. I got rid of it as fast as I could.

10. igor5

igor5 Tele-Meister

I have had one. Amazing quality in inexpensive box. It did play better than any Fender MIM that I have played. The weak point was pickups, that I had changed them.

11. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

They are all very consistent. I've had several of them (I flip a few guitars) and they are much more consistent than Squier.

If you want a guitar to mod and mess with then just buy a Squier or other CL beast as the Yamahas are almost in the realm of it's poor form to transform them. The ones I've come across are generally never modded, kind of like the owners of PRS guitars rarely mod nor abuse their guitars. People do mod the Yamahas though.

Fretwork is generally quite good so playability is excellent on the whole line from the least to most expensive.

12. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I had one Tele style and one Strat style Pacifica, the cheaper ones, don't care where they were made, they were both solid guitars that played well and sounded good.
    And I measured the neck width on the Strat style at the nut, it was the same as my Fender Strat, I think it was 12" radius?

13. BerkshireDuncan

BerkshireDuncan TDPRI Member

Yes, I owned a 302 and later a 1511MS Mike Stern- both terrific guitars. Only flipped the 1511 as I gravitated towards rosewood.

14. Lockback

Lockback Tele-Meister

As others have said, Yamaha consistently produces great products, be they motorcycles, pianos or guitars.
    I currently own 3 Yamahas, each of which is extremely well made and yet still affordable.
    My 112J is shockingly good for its price. The neck is perfect for my hand and it plays wonderfully. The pickups are the weak point but they're still decent.

15. 62 Jazzmaster

62 Jazzmaster Friend of Leo's

The tuners & electronics can be weak points on the budget models in the Yamaha line, but the bodies & necks are very good.

Here's a Yamaha Pacifica PAC 312H that I modded for my Wife:
    [​IMG]

16. West44th

West44th TDPRI Member

I have to say that is a fantastic idea!

littlebadboy likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.