Yamaha Guitar Owner's Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by rangercaster, Jun 12, 2009.

1. darren7

darren7 Tele-Holic

I’m going to swap the white pickup rings on mine for chrome ones, which I think will complement the silver painted body “binding” nicely. I’m also going to swap the standard tone control for a PMT circuit that has a bass cut option, to get more of that snarling P-90-ish tone out of the humbuckers.

doggy1972 likes this.
  2. doggy1972

doggy1972 Tele-Meister

Great ideas. Was going to use chrome for mine but, wanted to make it slightly more vintage looking. Please post photos once it's done and, let us know how the new tone circuit works out.

3. wblynch

wblynch Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Just swapped the original nut and bridge saddle on my '78 FG-151B acoustic for Tusq parts. It was clean and mellow before but really sings out now. It made a very nice improvement.

In the meantime I was running 80/20 D'Addario nickel/bronze strings and broke one. Put on the Martin Marquis Silk and Steel strings and they're beautiful but the 'ring' is gone. Going back to the 80/20's on the next change. I am surprised how different strings can sound.

Yamaha makes nice guitars.

4. wblynch

wblynch Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

That is one beautiful guitar !

5. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Holic

I have 2 Yamaha guitars, so let me introduce them.

My pride and joy is my LJ16BC Billy Corgan signature model. I initially was looking for a regular LJ16, but there were none to be found. I really liked the “medium jumbo” body. I played a few LL16s, and loved the tone, but didn’t really want a dread. The BC model was available, and included a few nice upgrades. GOTOH vintage open back tuners, tusq nut, brass bridge pins, nice hard case.
    Solid rosewood back/sides, Englemann spruce top with the A.R.E. treatment. Satin finish 5pc neck. A beautiful sounding guitar, that will NEVER leave the collection. It inspires me every time I pick it up.

59FFB83B-191B-46E7-9E69-C8BD6DB341DF.jpeg

My pac 311, found it a few weeks back hanging in the used section at GC. Absolute mint condition $229, I could not walk away...

73A5E7D7-9B70-4FB5-813A-69EB97458C01.jpeg

RoyBGood, brookdalebill and Muinarc like this.
  6. Halftone

Halftone NEW MEMBER!

CD195D23-55A0-4ADE-94B7-00D2922454A1.jpeg 02E6B32D-9035-47EC-B175-269FEB629710.jpeg BD858EBD-E4B7-45BA-ABDC-E24761703716.jpeg Yamaha SC300T
    New member, first post here.
    My first Yamaha; I believe it’s a 1984 SC300T. Saw it and it just spoke to me (I love offsets in General). It’s got some some bumps and bruises, but it really plays nice. Trying to work on my surf guitar licks now. Unfortunately, it’s missing the back plate. Can’t find anything online so far, so if anyone knows where to try please let me know! I would really love to have a pearloid pickguard for it, not sure if I want to pay for a custom-made one.

After reading all the posts here I’m going to have to really start paying attention to Yamahas on my pawn shop rounds!

RoyBGood and Deathray like this.
  7. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Holic

Yamahas are seriously underrated guitars. Nice find!

8. balston11

balston11 Tele-Meister

That 300T is certainly an interesting looking guitar nice find details of the model are on my web site here http://www.alston-family.co.uk/SC/scsam.php
    Interested to know the year I don't think these were made as late as 1984 the pickups would tell us if it's 1984 it will have 59 on the back of the pickups

9. Halftone

Halftone NEW MEMBER!

Thanks! It says “Made in Taiwan” and the serial number on the back of the neck is KN12053. The KN led me to believe it is either July 1974 or 1994 (not knowing much about this model). I look forward to checking your site shortly!
    Thanks in advance for all of your work!

Ray

10. balston11

balston11 Tele-Meister

Your right that serial number makes it July 1984

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.