Yamaha amps

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by misterbluesman, May 24, 2012.

1. SemiHollowGuy

SemiHollowGuy TDPRI Member

Hey Timi*. Thx for the reply.

FWIW I have the G100 II schematic (the full version) and both the Fat and Bright switches are show as separate. If you go just slightly left of the Treble, Bass and Middle controls you will see the 2 "Pull FAT" switches. My issue is that not being an electronics guy, other than cleaning out the pots/switches I don't know/understand what I'm looking on the PC board. There is a post on Jazzguitar.be (link) from 2011 where a guy references a few mods he made to his but I don't know what I'm looking at on the board to even begin to make the mods or check various caps etc. (Which I find frustrating) The amp is completely quiet. The guy I got it from said he had changed the caps and the 2 big (I think power) caps underneath the amp do appear to be quite new. But nothing else appears to be changed. I've also heard/read that it's a good idea to replace all the electrolytic caps, but again, other than being able to (I think) identify the various caps I have no clue as to which are electrolytic (are the all electrolytic?)

We can either continue this here if you (or others) can be of some help or take it private via PM.

Michael

2. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I see a 1x12 posted locally. Called him & said it was still avaiable. Not sure I need that much amp.

3. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Just stumbled across this thread / club. I have a B100-115ii bass amp sitting in my garage that I bought new back in about 1985 or so. It was my one and only bass amp purchase and served me well during my gigging years. It's always been road cased so it's in great condition. It's very clear and punchy and has plenty of headroom. I love it.

4. Timi*

Timi* TDPRI Member

AHA!!!
    There you have it. I see that now that you point it out... further evidence that I myself am no electronics guy either.

I'd still try DeOxit on those switches again, or replace them. Mine had the same issue, and the FAT came back to both channels after I cleaned them. That being said, they are not working again... prob due to the switches wearing out or being low quality?

5. Henry Stick

Henry Stick TDPRI Member

Hello People,
    I´m just new here, but I´m interested in Yamaha Amps since more than 30 years. Its why I´ve got one that time and the last week I tryed to identify it, to get some spare parts. The Type-sign is not well stamped and so I´ve to guess which one it is. After some digging in google I belive it is a preamp-top called PE-100 and an active-cabinet with two speakers.
    Is there anybody who knows it? I´ll take some foto the next few days. It looks something like the Vintage Yamaha TA-70 Solid State Amp and Cabinet on this site:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-RAR...-RARE-28870-/331394717640?hash=item4d28aa17c8

Yeah, thats it. I´m looking for another (=second) cabinet and of course some wiring diagramm. If anyone have user manual or any other info, please reply.
    Thanks
    Henry

6. 62 Jazzmaster

62 Jazzmaster Friend of Leo's

I've been on the hunt for a Yamaha G5 for a few months now, the one I bought was delivered yesterday. It's a bit beat up and the folks down in Erlanger, Kentucky managed to knock the glue in the finger-joints loose, but it's all glued up now. Just a quick shot, but I'm having fun with this lil' amp.
    [​IMG]

7. Henry Stick

Henry Stick TDPRI Member

Hello People,
    I´ve got something like a heartattack when I saw this Amp. It looks so similar in his Design to my own, noname-Produkt.
    Might be, you will know more about my Amp?
    I try to put some Fotos here.
    I need help to repair it. It runs when I put it on, but some minute4s later it will loose its working-point and the tone is gone fading away.
    I think it happens, because the capacitor will dry out and die. But I need some circuit diagram to know the capacitor.
    There is no identification plate on it. Someone bevore will made the cover new. It seams ...
    IMG_20181126_185907.jpg IMG_20181126_185951.jpg

8. Henry Stick

Henry Stick TDPRI Member

Yeah, and there is just another one, I don´t know much about. It looks like the old Yamaha Bass BE-200 combo. But it is a Guitar-Amp. Its from the early 1970s. I wrote to Yamaha-Support in Germany and asked for it. They don`t know anything about it. Its a PF-100 Guitar-Amp-Top and an Active-Box Model TS-60.
    It seams it is rare. I could´t find any informations about it.
    Did you know something about? It was sold together with a Copy of a black (##GIBSON## -sorry!) Les Paul as a set.
    Thanks.
    IMG_20181126_184935.jpg IMG_20181126_185227.jpg IMG_20181126_185544.jpg
    Henry

JayFreddy likes this.
  9. Jim622

Jim622 Friend of Leo's

Had one in High School.

10. rave

rave Tele-Holic

You got me beat I had and still have the 2 by 12 in my garage

11. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

Was reminded of this thread by someone's NAD sporting a good old G50 112.

I have since acquired a G100ii 115 and a G100ii 112. And another THR5, it came up used on Craigslist for $100 and i couldn't resist.

I almost scored a G100iii head, but someone else got there before I did.

Those wooden G5s sure are cute... Lol

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.