1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Xaviere XV or Pro 820 series, any good?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by SnoMan97, Mar 2, 2021.

1. SnoMan97

SnoMan97 Tele-Meister

Sub $200 T style guitar from Guitar Fetish. Are these things any good?

Chiogtr4x and Fendereedo like this.
  2. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Poster Extraordinaire

Opinions on them are mixed. Some people like them, saying they're a great value for the price, while others insist they're only fit for the scrap pile.

I've used the pickups they put in them and they were good, better than the typical cheap ceramic bar magnet ones you'll find on most guitars in this price range.

Fendereedo and SnoMan97 like this.
  3. Gardo

Gardo Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Picked one up last summer. It needed some attention out of the box. The fret ends needed filed. Next I changed the strings to 10’s and the ferrules fell out. I put them back in with superglue and gave the truss rod a tweak and have been playing it regularly. I would prefer a 9 1/2 radius fretboard over the 12 but otherwise it’s fine especially for the price
    F0414EEF-865A-478D-83CD-B5A2D160CA89.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    Fendereedo and SnoMan97 like this.
  4. drmordo

drmordo Tele-Holic

I have had great experiences with GFS but haven't bought any of their guitars. I plan to buy a Slick in the future, but I see it as a mod platform.

If I was recommending a cheap Tele, I'd start with a Squier Bullet and then a Harley Benton. I have a Bullet and it's a heck of a guitar for the money; I like mine enough that I put pickups in it that cost more than the guitar. I have never played a Benton, but they get good recommendations across the board, so IMO they are a safer buy than a GFS.

SnoMan97 likes this.
  5. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

Two weeks ago, I posted a similar query here about Xaviere/GFS guitars in general ( Jazzmasters, in specific), and read enough either 'hit or miss' or negative comments, in the following days, to just save a little more $$ and get a Squier CV

( And I changed from wanting a Jazzmaster, to a '50's style Strat- nostalgic reasons...)

SnoMan97 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.