1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Xaviere (Guitar Fetish) guitars -- good, bad?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by fendorst, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPanichella

JPanichella Tele-Meister

Hey Kerouac. Sheik here.

2. Kerouac

Kerouac TDPRI Member

WOAH! :eek:

Why the fudge nugget aren't you over at Mark's place?

3. Birdmankustomz

Birdmankustomz Friend of Leo's

I had a great experience with mine, and like always I'll show it off every chance I get :D

110101-233156.jpg

4. Lerb21

Lerb21 Friend of Leo's

I've bought 5+ guitars from guitar fetish. All of them sound instruments, some better than others. On some of them the setup was perfect, intonation was spot, action just right, etc. On some of them, I had to work to fix things that should've been dealt with by a factory setup.

My thoughts are that they make sound guitars and that if you have the time to set them up yourself or have a guitar tech do it, they're the best bang for the buck. The stock pickups are killer if I may add.

Loaded Goat likes this.
  5. longbow

longbow Tele-Holic

I own a Xavier LP clone in cherry burst. Posted a pic of the neck tenon fit to the body in a post a month or so ago when I rec. it. Never have I have seen a tighter neck tenon fit on a guitar. Pick ups are the Fat Pat Crunch humbuckers and these sound excellent to me.

This is a blemished model and I assume it is a blemished model cause of a streak in the flamed top but that streak disappeared with a good polishing. Other than that I can't tell for the life of me tell why it was a blemished model. Fit and finish and the very thick maple cap are really really nice. Here's the deal, I think I paid 160 plus shipping for it, and the tone and every thing else about the axe screams quality. This particular axe and a Hohner Pro 335 I rec. for Xmas are about my favorite guitars I own. But then again I like cheap guitars like someone else said here that I can take and mod and make them sound and play well. This Xavier I haven't had to do anything to at all. It is just a very very good guitar no matter what the price point. thanks

Loaded Goat likes this.
  6. avagadro

avagadro Tele-Meister

I bought one of their Tele models recently
    [​IMG]

I shimmed the neck just slightly, added a little relief to the neck and changed the saddles a bit. spent a lot of time moving the pickups to get the right sound. One of my friends played it and ordered one the same evening, and he's very picky about what he plays and how it plays. gave me a good feeling to know that my setup was good and someone else appreciated the quality of their instruments. I got it as a BLEM and with discounts only paid around $135. I compared it this weekend with a custom Tele with Texas Specials and was surprised at the very small difference there was in the tone of the two guitars. You can certainly find a much better guitar but this one is very good for the price.

Loaded Goat likes this.
  7. tinman402

tinman402 Tele-Meister

Thanks bro I been looking at that one..

8. Woody Duke

Woody Duke Tele-Meister

Just got an XV-610...

...and I'm very impressed. This is the thinline with the big chrome pickups. Fit/finish are excellent; pickups (the 180s) are far superior to the stock buckers in my Epi Dot (which I replaced with Carvins). I'm handicapped by MS, so I needed a lighter guitar than the Dot. That one needed two pro setups to get low enough for my weak hands, but I just adjusted the neck and saddles on the 610, and it's good to go. Only problem is I ordered the maple fretboard and they sent the rosewood, so I'm waiting to see what they're going to do about that. The neck feels great; slender but wide, satin finish. Now I want one of the LP Special clones they just came out with (don't tell my wife!)

9. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Tele-Meister

10. Woody Duke

Woody Duke Tele-Meister

GFS Customer Service

I ordered the XV-610 Vintage Cream with maple fingerboard; they sent the rosewood. Emailed right away, and John replied quickly. They offered me a discount to keep it, and I asked if I could just get the right neck and I'll switch it. They're sending it out, so now I'll have an extra neck for a future project. I'm very happy with this outcome; I love the guitar and the neck profile. A Kudos to them!
    (FTR - "kudos" is singular; no such thing as one "kudo". Don't know what the plural would be - it's Greek, I think.)

11. Kerouac

Kerouac TDPRI Member

I never posted here about it, but a couple of months (for Christmas actually) my mum surprised me with an Ice Blue Thinline. Unfortunately, we opened it up and the guitar was a DOG. After numerous emails with the staff I finally sent it back, but the whole experience left such a bad taste in my mouth that I haven't even ordered parts from their again. This instrument was BUTCHERED and their "head tech" told me that there it was only "really, really small stuff" when it was almost unplayable. It looked like a used guitar and even marked as a blem would've been sketchy.

Unfortunately, I've heard a lot of that lately, even from (like myself) formerly loyal GFS customers. I've sold both of my Xaviere's that I kept and I really wish I hadn't sold my Seafoam, as it was a great guitar and to replace it with something similar will cost me a lot more. Your mileage may vary...

12. Stuco

Stuco Poster Extraordinaire

It's a crap shoot (with emphasis on the word crap). :) Seriously though, they are a pretty good bang for the buck but expect to have full setup (likely including fretwork) done.

Loaded Goat likes this.
  13. Aceroxx02

Aceroxx02 NEW MEMBER!

This is definitely reviving an OLD thread that died before my guitar went missing, but I've been searching for an Xaviere taken from me back in 2012.

Attached Files:

14. SmattaHead

SmattaHead TDPRI Member

I recently purchased a Xavier es335 copy with the Retrotron pickups and whammy bar in sea foam green from the clearance section. When I got the guitar I could not find any blemishes but the guitar was strung wrong. I restrung with new strings and have been impressed with it since. Quality is very good for the money. Guitar is lighter than a Gibson or Epi, which is not a bad thing. The sound is very good, though not the same as my Gretsch but still very good. Plays great even without a pro setup. I’m considering the thin line tele next!

Bottom line, nice guitar that I can play out and not worry about damage

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.