X-Files

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Deckard, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire

I saw the first two new ones; are you guys talking about the horned-toad man as good TV? I thought it was embarrassingly bad. Plus I did notice the over-done product placement, geez, get a room. I liked the premier.

2. ravindave_3600

ravindave_3600 Friend of Leo's

Have to disagree. The premise was clever, the skewering of American nature was painfully accurate, and I thought the horned toad was an interesting character well-acted. The only hole I saw was that they didn't track down the biter, or am I wrong?

3. surfoverb

surfoverb Doctor of Teleocity

i was a moderate fan of the original series, kind of lost interest when the movie came out
    but this new series is just as good if not better than TOS.

It has the same charm, and ability to laugh at itself (the internet is not good for you Mulder)

Its about as serious as Kolchak: the night stalker of which it owes
    a lot....They even had Darren Mcgavin on TOS which was cool.

4. Doctorx33

Doctorx33 Tele-Afflicted

It was a comedy, and a parody, which they did a few times back in the old days. This one was the best of them all.

When I watched it, I thought it was a head scratcher too. Once I got the idea of what they were doing, what the writers intention was, and how the actors were playing it, I thought it was great. There were lots of subtle touches in it, and it took me a couple of viewings to catch.

The whole idea of reversing the "man turns into a monster" thing was a great idea, and the last scene was terrific.

5. Deckard

Deckard Tele-Afflicted

It's a direct parody of "American culture and life" as for the product placement TS not something that I really noticed because I don't look for that kind of thing. Producers gotta pay for their shows somehow.

6. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire

Maybe I was in a bad mood, I missed the subtleties. I'm a big X-files fan, don't get me wrong; it just felt like a swing and a miss, like they were going for the campy feel of an old Star Trek, but to me, fell short. Maybe I'll watch it again.

What is the parody? That Americans go to their jobs and work at something they don't care about so they can buy things they don't really want, on a treadmill, etc.? How sixties.

7. tele-rain

tele-rain Friend of Leo's

I don't think the product placement was forced or even all that noticeable. I sometimes do tend look at car brands on shows or movies, just out of curiosity. It didn't seem to hit me over the head on these eps with whatever they were driving.

8. LKB3rd

LKB3rd Friend of Leo's

They caught the killer. I won't give it away for anyone who hasn't seen it.

9. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

Was X Files on last night? I could not find it flipping back and forth.
    ---

I'm just getting around to finishing the second season of True Detective.

I believe, without a doubt, that Dodge paid to have its products placed in the show.

10. LKB3rd

LKB3rd Friend of Leo's

I think it airs on mondays now, but I have been watching them online.

11. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Just watched the reboot for the first time. The graffiti artist is Tim Armstrong, frontman of the punk band Rancid. Apparently he is a big fan of the original series and friends with a couple of the writers. I enjoyed the episode, I need to catch up on the ones I missed.

12. LKB3rd

LKB3rd Friend of Leo's

So judging by the lack of activity, you were all lukewarm on the latest episode too?
    It had its moments, but it reminds me of some of the old ones (which I skip on Netflix now) where it felt preachy at times. Seems like they wrote the episode as a vehicle to comment on current events, instead of letting the story drive it like the great episodes.

13. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I watched the first two of the new series. Didn't watch the 3rd.

Seems like they're wringing the last drops of cash out of the franchise TBH.

No disrespect to fans intended, but you can ruin a good memory by trying to recreate the past.

14. tschommer

tschommer Tele-Afflicted

I have watched all of the episodes, I'm looking forward to the series finale since it is going to be part two of the first episode.

15. BartS

BartS Friend of Leo's

I have seen most of the x files up to and including season 7. Seen the two movies as well even the one where like the sew the dog heads to peoples body and whatever. Some of the stuff is a bit two creepy for me. Even growing up I would catch an episode here and there and say to myself I am never watching this show again. Yet some how I find myself watching more x files. Not watching the new stuff. X files does have a lot of classic and I mean classic episodes in it though.

Cancer Man up to what I have seen which is season 7 for me is a toss up between him and Darth Vader from the original trilogy of star wars as best bad guy ever.

16. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire

Watched them all. Not perfect, but pretty good.

I liked Monday's episode. The other pair, besides being a mirror image, were both very, very, smart. Much better than having them be bumblers. And the motherhood tie-in will play out next week, I think.

17. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

Yep, the latest episode was not my favorite of these.

About the only smile I got was when Mulder said, "So, that is a maybe?".

18. CrisHendrix

CrisHendrix Tele-Afflicted

They also used Kolchak's outfit for the human form of the lizard man. Unfortunately that's been the only truly great episode so far of the new series, imo, and they only have one left.

19. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

It was kinda funny seeing Mulder tripping on shrooms.

20. tweedman2001

tweedman2001 Tele-Afflicted

Was North of There, Now Way Way South of There
    Or was he..................? :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.