1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Wypall towels

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by slick4772, Oct 31, 2019.

1. slick4772

slick4772 Tele-Meister

I just stumbled across a video on YouTube where a guy said that he uses these to clean off automobiles prior to painting (instead of a paper towel or some other towel). Has anyone used these? Are they good for guitar bodies and necks?
    Thanks.

2. eallen

eallen Friend of Leo's

Why not use what is meant to be used after solvent wipe down before finishing. Tack cloth.
    I buy them in bulk. They are meant to be used to wipe lightly no to scrub.

Trimaco 10506 SuperTuff Tack Cloth, 18 x 36-inch, 6 Count, Pack of 6, tan https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GPA78YK/?tag=tdpri-20

Eric

3. Brian J.

Brian J. Tele-Afflicted

use the blue wypall towels at work everyday to clean and inspect chrome truck parts, don't know how good they would be for use on wood.

4. eallen

eallen Friend of Leo's

The blue dusposable towels I have used put off quite a bit of lint for finish work. Some brands may be better.

Eric

5. slick4772

slick4772 Tele-Meister

There are supposed to be specifically designed towels for automotive finishing - anti static and no lint. I know that tack cloths are used, and I will use them, however I'm asking specifically about this Wypall product. If they're used by auto body shops to remove dust and prep the finish, I don't see why they wouldn't be good for guitars, but that's why I'm asking if others have experience with them.

I don't recall the ones mentioned in the YouTube video being blue.

eallen likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.