1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Wrong sized saddle springs? Thinline ‘72 RI

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Fuelish, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Fuelish

Fuelish Tele-Holic

foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, east TN
    What are the chances my MIM Thinline has the “wrong sized” saddle springs? Not one of them is making contact at both ends, and they rattle, although it can’t be heard through an amp, but annoys me playing unplugged...I’d find it hard to believe the bridge is improperly placed, in this day and age, guitar intonates fine, plays really nice, it’s just that every spring is too short...my guitar guy says it’s no big deal, just remove them and stretch them, he’s had to do that for others...it bothers me slightly, but not enough to remove them and stretch them, maybe during next string change...has anyone else run across this?? Every other guitar that I own has nicely seated springs, my Tele springs are like 1/16” or slightly more too short. I know, first world problem, thanks for any insights

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.