Wren & Cuff Custom Shop Germanium Fuzz - New Fuzz Day

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Killing Floor, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

Came home from my trip to find this l'il baby waiting for me. Wren & Cuff Your Face Hot Germanium 60s fuzz (they make a 70s too). I opted for the bias control and the buffer killer switch, Tropical Fish caps, lower brightness LED because I ain't tryin' to be the sun (best option ever). Love it 100%. Worth every cent it sounds like creamy hot gravy. One thing that stands out in play is no clipping. I have some fuzzes with hard clipping that I love but when you want the notes to roll it's great to have them decay to clean. They were out of standard orange enclosures and Ray asked if I'd be OK with burnt orange. Married to a Longhorn so now my new pedal is wife approved! Also love that the unity is up near the top instead of at 9:00 like some dirt pedals. The bias is fun to play with, really changes things up a lot. It's center positive and comes with a polarity adapter, this is evidence that they know center positive is stupid but don't care. Small price to pay for awesome.
    upload_2021-7-21_13-33-18.jpeg
    upload_2021-7-21_13-34-2.jpeg

2. Killing Floor

Fuzz pedals are my BFFE. Anyone else?

Hiker and 4pickupguy like this.
  3. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity

First, big congrats! Sound clips or it didn’t happen!!! I haven't had the spare cash to revisit any germanium Fuzz Faces. I hope its ‘the one’ for you!

4. Killing Floor

@Fretting out ... See above. Bottom left knob is the bias, optional. The l'il toggle is the anti buffer, I think it must be magic. They say it counteracts a buffer if there is one before the fuzz. My tuner is a buffer but I haven't tried this on a board so I'll check it out tomorrow.

5. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

Thanks for tagging me I might not have seen it

That pedal is dang cool! I see you went with the matching LED, nice choice

This wren and cuff custom shop option may turn out to be very dangerous for our wallets

Killing Floor likes this.
  6. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

@Killing Floor

Do you have any stomp under foot effects, they are well known for their muff clones like wren and cuff, do you like S.U.F pedals?

I have two S.U.F pedals and one Wren and cuff, I really dig the caprid, I like my stomp pedals a lot though, I have a “Rams head” from both companies, I like the sound of the caprid better but the S.U.F sounds really good with the caprid going into the S.u.f, just different flavors....well...you understand

I think my next fuzz pedal will be a Wren and cuff white elk

I didn’t know if you might have had better luck more so with one over the othe,or what you think about them/which you prefer

7. SbS

SbS Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Mmmmm... fuzz

Killing Floor likes this.
  8. Killing Floor

I don’t have any SUF but I like what I’ve heard.
    I really want one of these. Fuzz buster from Wrought Iron. Built into and radar detector. Maybe not ideal for a pedal board but an investment in awesome.
    upload_2021-7-22_6-39-30.png
    And looking for a Mig from RML.
    upload_2021-7-22_6-41-55.png

Fretting out likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.