Would you take this deal?

dickey

Friend of Leo's
OK--It's about dinnertime & your doorbell rings. You answer it, & there's a guy standing there which a very large suitcase. He asks you if you're into making some money. You say "What's the catch"? He say's "One million dollars tax free cash for one minute of your time"! Before you slam the door in his face, he puts down the suitcase,opens it, & there it is!--ONE MILLION DOLLARS in hundred dollar bills. You are intrigued & invite him in. He says "Here's the deal: It's 6 pm now. You pick any 1 minute interval between now & 8 pm. If your phone does not ring for that 1 minute period that you picked, you get the million bucks". You ask him "what if it DOES ring?" He pulls out a .357 magnum revolver, lays it on the suitcase, & says "you get a bullet in the head"! Would you take this deal?

LazerMouth

Tele-Meister
I would, but I'd be making sure this gun wielding millionaire isn't trying to trick me, so I'd make a deal that I'd write the time on a piece of paper and won't show him till it's passed.

dickey

Friend of Leo's
You'ld both be looking at the same clock--remember--a million bux will buy you ANY guitar in the world you want--The original fool,Hendrix's Woodstock Strat--ANY guitar in the world!!

BGTele

Tele-Afflicted
No, because he might not hold his end of the deal up. Maybe it is counterfeit, maybe
he is psychotic, maybe it is a joke, anyway no amount of money is worth a bullet in the head. You might make a million anyway..win the lottery or be the Lady Gaga of the Tele,
or Mr. Gaga. OR...you could kidnap him, make him sign a paper that he GAVE you the million in exchange for you giving him $100,000 back or you'll shoot him. See if it
is worth a million to him to keep his life OR.......

TxTeleMan

Tele-Afflicted
Pascal says "No." Wager on outcomes, not odds.

Weigh the present against being dead.

If you take the deal, you have a 50/50 chance of being dead. You will either be dead, or have a million dollars. If you reject the deal, you get to keep on living.

Coop47

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm surprised this guy with the gun and the money is letting you post here for advice. Do we get to pick the minute too?

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
Check if the money is real, check. Turn my cell phone off, check. Start the clock now, check. I'll be with you in a minute. You gave the details, this is my game now.

dickey

Friend of Leo's
Pascal says "No." Wager on outcomes, not odds.

Weigh the present against being dead.

If you take the deal, you have a 50/50 chance of being dead. You will either be dead, or have a million dollars. If you reject the deal, you get to keep on living.

No, the odds of you winning the money are MUCH greater than 50-50. I mean,what are the chances your phone is gonna ring in that 1 minute interval that YOU GET TO PICK!!??

dickey

Friend of Leo's
No, because he might not hold his end of the deal up. Maybe it is counterfeit, maybe
he is psychotic, maybe it is a joke, anyway no amount of money is worth a bullet in the head. You might make a million anyway..win the lottery or be the Lady Gaga of the Tele,
or Mr. Gaga. OR...you could kidnap him, make him sign a paper that he GAVE you the million in exchange for you giving him $100,000 back or you'll shoot him. See if it
is worth a million to him to keep his life OR.......

No, the deal is on the up & up. No ring--you're a millionaire. Real tax free cash--no catches. Ring--well, you'll never know who it was that called you & ended your life. What are the chances your phone is gonna ring in that 1 minute interval?