Would you forget and affair from your wife?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Jerry_Mountains, Sep 20, 2019.

1. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Aaaan...d +1

Actually I found this to be a interesting thread, I'm suprised at how many "nope no way" responses there have been. I grew up from a long line of people who were incompatable to say the least, I know both my father and grandfather had what were openly refered to as "girlfriends", my grandmother and mother were both bat crap crazy so it's hard to tell what they got up to. Neither man spent much time at home, nor do I; my wife has numerous "quirks" (her word not mine) that makes it best to limit time together, but we make it work, and yes it is work, just as my folks and other realtives did.

Perhaps if i had seen different behavior modeled I would have stronger feelings, but where I come from, women sought a man to get out of the house, escape drunken/ abusive relatives, and get some financial security. When the reality of a long haul set in both parties, tended to seek their own path, but for a variety of reasons, remained tethered in a functional & legal way.

I never thought of this as unusual, my in laws and most of their friends and family are the same, as is my sister in law, I understand TD's friend and his comment about the colt perfectly, to me at least, it speaks to the fact there there are other things in life, other people (not neccessarly lovers) other joys; life is to short to put all your eggs in one basket, and it's also too short to throw the baby out w/ the bath water.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    GuitarKid and Harry Styron like this.
  2. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

That's up to the individual. There are no set rules, its all up to the individual no matter what sex they are. Some women will try to use their gender to get away with cheating just like some males will. Both are capable of having equally poor morals.

GuitarKid likes this.
  3. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

I think we have a marriage schmexpert in our midst.:eek::p

Toto'sDad likes this.
  4. Doctorx33

Doctorx33 Tele-Afflicted

I can’t post it, but there are worse things. I know because it’s happening to me.

I’m not diminishing the OP’s pain, but what I’m going through with my love is much much worse.

OP, I pray for you my friend.

Jerry_Mountains likes this.
  5. Jerry_Mountains

Jerry_Mountains Tele-Meister

Wow, Im overwhelmed by all the responses. I went to camping this weekend and seeing +10 pages of responses its amazing thank you my friends!

I suppose the only thing I can do for my friend is to support him in any decision he take.

I believe I hit a delicate spot for a guitar forum, I just think of it as a good topic to start a thread, but I'm sorry if some of you think otherwise I can see your point.

And, sorry for my bad english I'm trying to adapt to the language, I'll try to be more careful with my words.

Mods: can you help me to edit the threat title please?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  6. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

Most people are not wired to be monogamous, and to expect it in a partner is a fools errand.

7. daveIT

daveIT Tele-Holic

Nope. That would be the end.

8. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

How about an alternate institution, with a different name? Something rule-fluid, but expensive.

The ceremony could begin with groin kicks and potato salad.

bender66 and Marquee Moon like this.
  9. Marquee Moon

Marquee Moon Tele-Holic

You may have a point, but that makes me wonder why it seems to bother most people so much?

10. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Because they are wired to be bothered by the way people are wired.

[​IMG]

11. ravindave_3600

ravindave_3600 Friend of Leo's

I think you're half right, up to the comma.

Marriage is not a question of wiring but of faithfulness. Commitment to another says "I'm for you in spite of my wiring." That's what makes meeting someone who'll make the promise with you so amazing, and finding her/him false so devastating.

12. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I grew up (hit puberty) in the early sixties, and into the sex and drugs and rock and roll era of free love and all that ol' hippy stuff.
    I speak from experience, I know everyone likes strange, just because my late wife married me doesn't entail my not being able to understand her sleeping with her best friend kristen and kristen's partner jay.
    Insecurity can wreck a lot of good things, like relationships.
    honesty about what I'm doing builds a well grounded relationship.
    It's the deception ,and lying that poisons the well.
    A Lot of guys don't realize that when there not around many women are involved in polyamorous relationships with out him ever knowing about it.
    Personally monogamy has been a crashing failure since biblical times, let's reevaluate our image of healthy human behavior.

13. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Afflicted

Good luck to "your friend" ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.