1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Worth upgrading SF Champ Speaker?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by mgridgaway, Apr 6, 2021.

1. teleman1

teleman1 Friend of Leo's

I have designated 8" cabinets. I have experimented. after a few years of this combo, nothing in 8" speakers rivals a vintage special design alnico Jensen. Problem is, my paper is getting brittle. One has black silicone on a tear. still, sounds great. For the OP ribbed is later break u form the speaker, smooth would be earlier break up< great tip for those who were unaware.

Wally likes this.
  2. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Tele-Afflicted

We are in the midst of a magnet shortage. WGS (and therefore Jupiter) are on back order. I’ve been waiting a couple of months for. Jupiter 10SC.

3. mgridgaway

mgridgaway TDPRI Member

I’ve seen lots of good recommendations for the warehouse but I’ve also seen people a/b the Jupiter and say they like the Jupiter more. From what I understand warehouse makes both but the Jupiter is made to their specs.

Price wise the C8R is cheap and lots of people like it.

4. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Slow boat from China, eh?

SnidelyWhiplash and BobbyZ like this.
  5. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

Went from the OEM Oxford in Vibro Champ to a Weber ceramic 8F125 once. The Weber made it a lot "bigger" sounding but also a lot louder by the breakup point. Didn't turn it into an amp you could gig with unassisted or anything like that, just made it obnoxiously loud for dirty home use in a small room.
    Friend of mine put a Weber Sig alnico in his and said it was more on par with the OEM speaker, to his ear. (he actually spent far more time with my VC than I ever did)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.