Worst You've Been Called

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
“I’ve been called a whole lot worse, by a whole lot better,” is one of the greatest comebacks I’ve ever heard. It was uttered by a guy that we used to play soccer with. Sadly, he got banned from playing because he was always drunk and out of control. Sadly, too, his son suffers the same malady.
"I have been called worse by better people" and "You're kicking me out? I've been thrown into better places than this" have gotten me punched more than any other phrases I have ever used, but hasn't stopped me from using them.

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I have always hated being called "stupid", or "idiot", or any combination of those. Because I am not stupid, or an idiot. Obviously very subjective, but take my word for it...

I also remember being stung when I was informed that the mother of one of my best high school buddies had called me "spacey". I admit I was stoned a lot back then, but I was not spacey!
I am of the opinion that when it comes to accusations, the ones doing the accusing are usually the ones doing the doin'. Yep, there's nothing like being called an idiot by an idiot, for sure.

JJLC

Tele-Holic
I was being harassed by one of my next door neighbor's meth head friends, over the course of a few years.
During the fall & winter of 2018/2019 the meth head escalated his verbal attacks & threats.
I eventually obtained a restraining order against the guy & I also received an emergency issuance carry permit, after I offered my court filing to the county sheriff's office. This was in late March, 2019 to early April 2019.
During one of the verbal attack events in December, 2018 leading up to my filing for the restraining order, the meth head idiot directly called me a couple of things that I won't even repeat here. Needless to say when I heard this idiot state that I was a (fill in the blank) the first thing I thought of was placing a 9mm round right between his eyes. I will say that it was a good thing I did not have my CZ SP-01 in my hand at that moment.
I eventually discovered the meth head has a criminal history that goes back ~30 years, includes no less than 7 felonies, with over 50 arrests & bookings. The meth head is currently back in state prison for a 5th violation of probation. Meth head idiot was last arrested on April 2, 2020, while a fugitive, and the arresting officer found meth on the guy. During the following court proceedings the judge sent meth head idiot back to prison, on April 21, 2020.
I'm sure if the meth head idiot gets out of prison he will likely be back at the drug house next door, hurling more bullsh!t my way. We'll see what happens then, if that occurs.

bcorig

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Lost in the 909 trying to find my way home
LOL, no, orecchiette, it had to do with free radicals, and I couldn’t answer it well enough to be correct, so I thought it was funny.... free radicals, like radicals that hadn’t been imprisoned by the gov’t yet... the old bass turd failed to se the humor....f him, was still on the honor roll ... I and many classmates found it funny
Good joke but be careful with that talk around here.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
One of our state senators just called all of us in public education “sinister” so I guess I’ve got that going for me!
I took a group of students to the us capitol once. They were all kids from eastern Kentucky who had never been farther from home than Lexington or Louisville. I arranged for Senator Wendell Ford to talk to our students. After he spoke, I helped the students come up with questions to ask and it was going great! I whispered a question to a student and Wendell (yeah Wendell) came from around his lectern, shaking with anger, 'hey you (pointing at me) yeah you, you long haired smartass, why don't you just ask me a question if you're so goddam smart?'

I froze. I was trying to help. Oh man. He storms out and after the door shuts the kids kind of laugh, but are worried I'm in trouble. I lead them down the stairs and we head to go see Senator Bob Dole to say hi.

One of Wendell's aides comes rushing up to me apologizing profusely and she says, "I am so sorry, I didn't get a chance to brief him and he is crabby today.' I just laugh. Who cares. Then, Wendell shows up and says, 'I didn't know you were the teacher with all that long hair.' and turns and leaves again... ha ha...

We go in to see Sen. Dole, he is, well, charming. Forbidding and cold and yet, super funny and great with the kids. I, of course, screw up and try to shake right handed and he says, 'you mean you told all the kids to do it with their left hand and then you screw it up?' and he laughs and I laugh and it is no big deal. He gave me a pen and an autographed picture and told me I was the real hero.

He and Al Simpson were good humans.

I had a meeting with the governor of a state once. (not california) I was led into his office and told to wait. A couple minutes later, he came in, probably not realizing I was sitting there, said loudly through the open door, I mean LOUDLY, 'What the ACTUAL F^&*'

He saw me, horrified for a second and we both burst out laughing. The meeting went well.

brindlepicker

Tele-Meister
Was out with my buddies one night when I was about 20. I was talking to this girl a few years older I’d just met and she said “ I think you’re just a womanizing boozehound.”

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
I don’t call names, at least to someone’s face but I may refer to them by some appropriate expletive later. I don’t like to be called names and don’t expect that from anyone.

As a career engineer and engineering manager I can only imagine how I’d been referred to behind my back, and yes, I was smarter than almost all of them. I think that what happens is that given the hyper competitive nature of a male dominated business, the filters come off during moments of anger. Some people have better self control than others. Some have close to none. The company I worked for didn’t tolerate public outbursts.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
One of our state senators just called all of us in public education “sinister” so I guess I’ve got that going for me!
you should introduce yourself as Simon Bar Sinister next time you vote for him!

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 7.49.07 PM.png

P-Nutz

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I took a group of students to the us capitol once. They were all kids from eastern Kentucky who had never been farther from home than Lexington or Louisville. I arranged for Senator Wendell Ford to talk to our students. After he spoke, I helped the students come up with questions to ask and it was going great! I whispered a question to a student and Wendell (yeah Wendell) came from around his lectern, shaking with anger, 'hey you (pointing at me) yeah you, you long haired smartass, why don't you just ask me a question if you're so goddam smart?'

I froze. I was trying to help. Oh man. He storms out and after the door shuts the kids kind of laugh, but are worried I'm in trouble. I lead them down the stairs and we head to go see Senator Bob Dole to say hi.

One of Wendell's aides comes rushing up to me apologizing profusely and she says, "I am so sorry, I didn't get a chance to brief him and he is crabby today.' I just laugh. Who cares. Then, Wendell shows up and says, 'I didn't know you were the teacher with all that long hair.' and turns and leaves again... ha ha...

We go in to see Sen. Dole, he is, well, charming. Forbidding and cold and yet, super funny and great with the kids. I, of course, screw up and try to shake right handed and he says, 'you mean you told all the kids to do it with their left hand and then you screw it up?' and he laughs and I laugh and it is no big deal. He gave me a pen and an autographed picture and told me I was the real hero.

He and Al Simpson were good humans.

I had a meeting with the governor of a state once. (not california) I was led into his office and told to wait. A couple minutes later, he came in, probably not realizing I was sitting there, said loudly through the open door, I mean LOUDLY, 'What the ACTUAL F^&*'

He saw me, horrified for a second and we both burst out laughing. The meeting went well.
As mama always said, and I’ve said many times, “Better to be a smartass than a dumbass.”