Worst gig ever. For sure the weirdest.

Rich_S

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
The obvious solution for the trolleys is, learn the Rice-a-Roni theme in all keys, and be able to effortlessly transition to it from any song in your set. Then, whenever a trolley comes by...

rokdog49

Friend of Leo's
Why do these people NEED to be naked in a city plaza? I don't have a problem with it, but I always wonder about the purpose.
Are they enjoying the fresh air on their naked bits? Surely there are more pleasant places to be for that.
Is it political protest? But then it comes back to why? Why is this worth protesting for?
Is it easier than getting dressed? They certainly wouldn't have much laundry to wash.
Is it shock value?
Or do they just enjoy having people notice their dangly bits?

Who knows....who cares...

I, for one, am glad I don't live there.

Tdub

Friend of Leo's
It'd be a bit hard playing for tips... when the crowd doesn't have anywhere to carry their wallets... ;)

unless the protesters had their man bags with them?.... :)

I don't know, he probably saw a lot of tips.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Why do these people NEED to be naked in a city plaza? I don't have a problem with it, but I always wonder about the purpose.
Are they enjoying the fresh air on their naked bits? Surely there are more pleasant places to be for that.
Is it political protest? But then it comes back to why? Why is this worth protesting for?
Is it easier than getting dressed? They certainly wouldn't have much laundry to wash.
Is it shock value?
Or do they just enjoy having people notice their dangly bits?

-nice use of loaded rhetoric!
-It is fun that you go the utilitarian road on a guitar for fun website!
-Being naked is pretty fun. I can attest that skinny dipping is far far far superior to swimming in trunks.
-I haven't done the public nudity thing, but I think there are two fundamental classes of 'naked dude' in the city. The 'real' naked guys just like being naked and it is the way they move through the world. There are the 'weekender' naked guys who do it to shock and scintillate (mostly themselves.) Both are okay by me, I'm not that freaked out by naked people.

I don't think it is an active protest of anything, more of a celebration and feeling free!

The tourists sometimes get all frazzled about it.. but the locals don't really even look unless the nudity also involves hilarity (playing an accordian)… it is just the ecosystem… nobody really cares except the people who do… and they usually sound kind of silly getting all outraged…

The Castro freaks some people out… The people who live there seem to love it and feel at home and enjoy the community. I've never been scared there or seen anything that worried me… My brother loves it and has a gorgeous home there… different strokes… for different folks!

boneyguy

Doctor of Teleocity
This just might be the perfect moment to finally tell the joke I read in one of my father's Playboys I 'borrowed' when I was a kid.....

"Hey, did you hear about the midget that went to the nudist colony dance.

He was accidentally clubbed to death."