Worst gig ever. For sure the weirdest.

Shango66

Friend of Leo's
Thanks Suthol.
I hope my brief rap of the story doesn't offend you, I laughed so much with your original telling of the story.
Legend!

Robert H.

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I've lived in the Haight for 34 years. Just another afternoon in SF. So how's your 4 year old...?

wutmornin

Tele-Holic
you are ready for a portland gig now. Here, the mentally ill homeless guy owns the generator.

toadman

Tele-Afflicted
man! you guys will be talking about that for years! it reminds me of a cartoon I saw once in a magazine, where a naked man and woman are sitting at a restaurant table, the waiter standing near with a scowl on his face. the woman is reaching into her purse and saying "dammit Frederick, don't you ever have any cash on you?"

kevoz

Tele-Holic
A lot of other bands would have joined in the spirit of the afternoon and stripped off and started smashing trolleys around, guess your band held it together pretty well.

Doctor of Teleocity
Great thread.

Last night playing a very sad and slow song, I look out on the dance floor and there are 15 people doing a gleeful train, snaking around like it was the happiest song in the world. Then a harp player comes onstage. One lady wrote a request in all caps: "ANY GEORGE JONES SONG."

Torz Johnson

Friend of Leo's
Great story.
There's someone on this forum that told a similar gig from hell story a while back.
I re tell in short form.
A nude middle age woman approached the band and asked them if they'd like a cigarette.
Where would a butt naked woman produce cigarettes from?
She had a pack of cigarettes under one of her boobs and lighter under the other ( or "spaniels ears" as described by the op)
I wonder if she was the Human Couch.

kelnet

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Why do these people NEED to be naked in a city plaza? I don't have a problem with it, but I always wonder about the purpose.
Are they enjoying the fresh air on their naked bits? Surely there are more pleasant places to be for that.
Is it political protest? But then it comes back to why? Why is this worth protesting for?
Is it easier than getting dressed? They certainly wouldn't have much laundry to wash.
Is it shock value?
Or do they just enjoy having people notice their dangly bits?

tiskit86

Friend of Leo's
I gotta say it...

"Pics or it didn't happen" :-0

DW

I've got lots! Butt, believe me when I say you don't want to see them.:lol:

Request to anyone planning to participate in nude activism: Please leave your belongings , backpacks, drinks, and other personal items on tables or other raised surfaces, rather than on the ground.

Frodebro

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I have a great pic of a naked accordian band in the castro right after the city tried to outlaw nudity.

It takes a very confident man to hang around a naked accordion band with a camera...