1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Worst Beer you've ever had?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by blowtorch, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Higgs F. Boson

Higgs F. Boson Tele-Holic

Hamm's is far worse than anything else I've tasted.

Nothing wrong with a PBR, Natural Light, Milwaukee's Best. Maybe it's nostalgia for college but those taste good to me.

Best beer (not that the OP asked) is an Anchor Steam or pretty much any good IPA.

2. Daz

Daz TDPRI Member

I'll drink most beers, but there are several I can think of that I won't drink unless they're free.

To wit: Many of the mass-produced Canadian and American beers - Bud, Miller, Canadian, Labatt's Blue, even Kokanee (as a BC native I've just grown too weary of it).

I'll avoid any of those lime-infused beers no matter how free or cold they are.

I can think of one beer that I couldn't take, and it was made by Tree Breweries. At the time, the brewery was only a couple years old, and they had worked out a sponsorship sort of deal with the ski hill I worked at. They couldn't sell the stuff, so they wound up trying to blow it out at the ski hill season end party. Maybe it was a bad batch, maybe they were still trying to figure out the recipe, but they LITERALLY could not give it away to dirt-poor ski hill staff. Bear in mind that ski hill staff are like college students except without any semblance of brains or responsibility, so you can imagine the drinking culture). Staff actually paid for Kokanee rather than drink the free Tree.

3. tgfmike

tgfmike Telefied Gold Supporter

Often the first and the last.

4. spurgie79

spurgie79 Tele-Afflicted

I had some stuff call Bubs. The label was yellow and blue, similiar to the Yoo-Hoo label. I paid less than $3 for a case of it and $1.20 of it was for deposit! Had little chunkers in it and everything. In my defense, I was 20 years old and it did say "Beer".

5. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Aren't you flashing forward, there?

6. jimbach

jimbach Tele-Holic

Somebody left some Newcastles at my house and I had one the other night, just to clear out the 'beer fridge.'

I couldn't finish it. Seriously, I ended up pouring out most of it. Vile, horrible stuff.

Budweiser is pretty godawful, too. As far as I can tell it's brewed so that it has very little flavor, on purpose. In the same category, earlier this summer my neighbor offered me a Heineken Light, which tasted like water to me.

7. romo

romo Tele-Meister

This is the worst beer I have ever had.

8. 68 Shovelhead

68 Shovelhead Tele-Afflicted

I don't understand how that qualifies as the worst beer. So you'd rather drink Olde English 800, St. Ides, Turbo 1000, etc than Bud, Coors, Miller or PBR? The augmented beers I listed taste like crap, their over 8% alchohol and are for for one purpose, getting trashed. But God help the poor chump who gets a hangover from that stuff, it's brutal (we drank Olde English 800 when I was young).

9. GEISHA

GEISHA Tele-Holic

The only can of beer I did not finish was Holtland Bier, sells for 0,99 Euro per 3 cans of 0,5 ltr. here in Holland. Tastes really horrible, something like dish water.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dutch university students (famous for their beer consumption) held a nationwide worst beer contest recently and Holtland came out no. 1 by a landslide, scored 3 points out of 10; non of the participating students could drink more than 1 nip. The general qualification: this beer tastes like it has been previously consumed by someone else, next it was put in the can.
    One must consider that students are very budget tight, especially at the end of the month when they have been living on toasted bread with sugar for a week.
    They drink any low priced beer for that matter but Holtland is the exception.

10. jwj4856

jwj4856 Tele-Holic

The only beer I ever found worse than BILLY Beer was a store brand called MR. THRIFTY
    Of course the worst major beer was Falstaff and Jax.

11. 3 Chord Monte

3 Chord Monte Former Member

Light Beer always seemed crazy to me. Pilsner isn't light enough? Have a Weiss Beer.

American light beer is just bad. But recently it even got worse:

[​IMG]
    I even tried it. Bad.

...What's the difference between drinking a light beer and having sex in a canoe?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.