1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

World Series: Angels vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by KC, Jun 13, 2012.

1. jonzer

jonzer Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I'm rooting for the Nats but it's still early. Maybe they are legit in that they're still playing well right before the All-Star break.
    Early in the season I thought it would just be awesome if they were competitive, not even expecting them to make the playoffs...but maybe make a run for it.

Now, can we really talk about the Nationals going to the playoffs?

Oh and I was just sick when Werth went down. He was at the start of a great year.

2. lboorse2

lboorse2 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

MLB playoffs are near impossible to predict before the All-Star break. Shoot, even late August is pretty tough.

3. markxander

markxander Tele-Holic

Angels still have a way to go. Mark Trumbo and Mike Trout are excellent but it'll be interesting to see how they handle their first real slumps.

Pujols is looking more like himself, which is good.

Pitching is up and down, bullpen seems a little sketchy.

Really loving the Nationals right now--seem to be the total package at the moment. We'll see who takes over when Strasburg hits his innings limit.

4. stevieboy

stevieboy Poster Extraordinaire

As were the Phillies the previous two years. Unbeatable rotation, etc etc.

5. lboorse2

We all now know an "unbeatable" rotation doesn't get you very far when your #1, #2, and #3 hitters don't do squat come play-off time. The play-offs are a "whole new ball game" as they say.

6. 63dot

63dot Friend of Leo's

You think?
    Then what about LA? Is there anything you could think of (realistically) that can down these pesky guys in the NL West?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/powerrankings/_/season/2012/week/11

7. EasyEB

EasyEB Tele-Meister

Rangers are not underperforming. They are playing just like they should be. They don't have the pitching and it's impossible to score 10 runs a game.

Weaver threw off the mound a couple nights ago and is likely to make his next start next week. Had it been Sept. or Oct. he never would have even gone on the DL.

Did you miss the 1st month of the season? Entire Angel team was slumping. Trout was 1 for his 1st 11 at bats and has rebounded just fine. I expect they will win the West. I think than an Angels vs. Nationals series is a good possiblity.

8. hilljr170

hilljr170 Tele-Meister

I shelled out the hundred some odd dollars for MLB tv just I could watch Harper and the rest of the Nats. I live in Orange County, so I get to see Trout play every day. Very exciting time in baseball. The Nats starting rotation alone is worth the price of admission.

9. Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong Super Moderator Ad Free Member

As good as the Nats starting pitching is (and it's pretty scary, Gio Gonzales might even be better than Strasburg), their relief pitching is every bit as good. I didn't expect Harper to be so damn good right away, he's doing much better in the bigs than he did in the minor leagues, and even more important has been his addition to team chemistry.

As a lifelong Washington area sports fan (my very first major league game was Senators-Orioles in September, 1971), it does my heart and soul good to see them doing so well now.

Tim

ps- and FINALLY, the Orioles don't stink!

10. stevieboy

stevieboy Poster Extraordinaire

I don't remember who they were playing, but my first MLB game was the Senators too. In Griffith Stadium, and Harmon Killebrew was playing.

I went to a lot of games back then, and saw several different teams, I just don't remember which was the very first. Probably against the Indians, because the kids special days were always against the Indians!

11. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

True enough & a big baseball fan here but after watching the Tigers hack it up again tonight I may as well start rooting for the Nationals.

12. lboorse2

Yes... because baseball is a game of streaks. All that it takes is one hot team to screw up the play-off picture for any team.

How many games did the Phils win during the regular season last year? (Don't look it up, it was 102 -- 50 of those on the road). What happened in October? Well St. Louis, who pretty much played themselves right out of the playoff hunt in August, got hot in September. Kept right on going until they had the trophy in their hands. Phils out 1st round 3-2 vs Cards.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.