WORLD CUP 2022.

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
I keep thinking, this will be the tournament, when a great African, or Asian team emerges, to shake up the old duopoly.
Of course, I had the same thoughts, at each of the last five World Cups. The best teams I've seen so far, have been Spain, France, Brazil and Portugal. If neutrals adopt one of those, they'll get a run for their money.

I'm not a gambler but for those who are- a small wager on our Iberian friends, would enhance the spectator experience. ;)

Kandinskyesque

Friend of Leo's
A draw in the Marshall vs Fender match then.

Good game, a bit frantic at times, but entertaining for a "neutral".

It looks like the argument continues then, so I'll stick with my amp simulator and Roland setup till they meet again.

If I was a gambler, I'd stick a few £££s on Roland to do quite well after their performance earlier in the week.

Kandinskyesque

Friend of Leo's
Roland will be keen to impress now that he's free of club duties...;)

The Marshall was showing a lot more sag the longer it went on...

The Fender laughed the loudest..:)
Despite being beaten 2-1 by Roland on Wednesday, I still wouldn't rule out Bose to at least reach the last 4.
They've won it 4 times.

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
Watching...

red-white-crescent-star-flag-hanging-over-shelf-held-amplifier-some-transformer-mixing-gear-to...jpg vs Webp.net-resizeimage-10-1.jpg

Goldentone are playing well but I love the Tunisian in the gimp mask.

tweeet

Tele-Afflicted
Well being from the land of song and currently residing in the 'where are they now file' in England.... the Welsh never turned up against Iran although Iran did play well. Getting to Qatar was a major achievement in itself but I've found watching World Cups since 1970 you have to change tactics per match, meaning you can't play the same way against every team...as every team is different. England tend to do this too over the years. The USA have also come a long way since the 80's and are now a contender to qualify for each tournament due to major coaching upgrades in youth and college coaching and having players play in the top leagues in the world. My forecast for the final two matches...England will beat Wales and the USA will beat Iran...and so will qualify for the last 16.

dkmw

Poster Extraordinaire
Argentina-Mexico looks like a boxing match. I’ve never seen so many face blows in the first 15 minutes of a game.

billy logan

Tele-Afflicted
this post is kind of a "If You Were The Sports Czar For A Day" post:

Belgium (red jersey, black shorts, black socks) x Morocco (all white uniform)
EXCELLENT VISUAL DIFFERENTIATION :) :) :)

I can tell without concentrating - in other words, I can tell from the reptilian part of my brain - whether a certain camera angle is showing a 5 x 5 situation or a 6 x 4 situation

UNLIKE WHERE ONE TEAM WEARS WHITE JERSEYS X THE OTHER TEAM WEARING WHITE SHORTS. E.G., Denmark x France. 20 white spots = 20 non-goalies. ARG x MEX. In such a match when the players are all in a crowd at the top of the penalty area for a free kick...ferget it. ARG: yes blue and white striped camisetas appear white in the wide-view camera shot.

You think I'm OCD. I'm not.

btw I'm watching on a 42" flatscreen, but These days people watch on iPhone screens. Put a persnickety person in charge, everybody benefits.

Last edited:

goonie

Friend of Leo's
Which one is the Marrakesh Express?

EDIT: Answer - all of them!

Last edited:

billy logan

Tele-Afflicted
Wow I'm multi-tasking - and getting overwhelmed

On my radio Sunday Baroque (its new time slot on WRR 101.1 FM, Dallas TX, 8 a.m. to noon Central Time) www.sundaybaroque.org played Bach's violin sonata #1, BWV 1001. That Bach fellow doesn't leave it on the porch, no. He bring it...He can create that floating or falling sensation w/o glissandos. How he do dat?...

...after I watched the video of the miraculous dancer in post #1 of the "The Game" thread, Bad Dog Café...

...and!!! my young lady friend age 30 (whom a doctor* had told her she couldn't have babies) she's been married a year now, and for nine months everybody's all fingers crossed for her and the baby - I learn she GAVE BIRTH to a healthy baby boy!!!...

And there are wild upsets at WC '22 :)

Overwhelmed, I tell ya.

Go, Canada!!!

Last edited: