Working at home...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by John Backlund, Mar 29, 2020.

1. John Backlund

John Backlund Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

'Trixie' has been bivouacked at home by her employer for the duration, but using her work computer at home has given rise to some unexpected difficulties...one of them named Larry.

Screenshot_20200328-225303~2.png

Screenshot_20200328-225313~2.png

Screenshot_20200328-225322~2.png

Screenshot_20200328-225330~2.png

LeftFinger, imwjl, gwjensen and 2 others like this.
  2. grooveiron

grooveiron Tele-Holic

I and all cat butlers of my acquaintance have said they are overworked these days…

TeleTucson likes this.
  3. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

Our Persian cat is enjoying the abundance of Amazon boxes...

20200316_141708.jpg

But, after a good nap, he's ready to assume his managerial role again and prevent me from getting to my guitars...

20200327_083201.jpg

4. gwjensen

gwjensen Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

I hate working from home.... my partner’s working from home so I’m the only one in the office in a building that’s 80% empty...

5. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

I know the challenges. This photo is a re-post from Lucy joining a conference call suggesting everyone should be trail riding or trail running. At least something that lets a dog kill small animals and do disgusting stuff.

@John Backlund I hope you can work it out. I have a feeling a cat will have the less trainable or probably more satisfy self nature our current dog has. You'll still have the proximity to kitchen and quality of life stuff.

My work at home challenge is now my wife teaching from home, my daughter finishing her college semester from home, and this week, my twins in high school starting the distance learning.

For me going to work facilities is high risk - grocery stores. Technically, my office is downstairs but for years I've worked in the room you see here. We'll have to share it. This is a den that overlooks the deck and gets nice light from the south.

The latest Making Sense podcast touches on work at home and innovative ways to work. You can and maybe should substitute Teams and Google's chat when Matt Mullenweg discusses Slack but it is understandable if you know the platform competition. For those with work at home and new ways all of a sudden, think about his "API" meaning assume positive intention. My techie associates better understand online collaboration than others.

https://samharris.org/podcasts/194-new-future-work/

In past weeks I've moved two departments and execs remote. One department should stay that way most days of the week. Same for some in accounting. Our pricing and logistics people are doing better without people bothering them with physical interruptions and dumping store vs central or enterprise problems on them.

I realize we can't all work at home. It works for me because my work is an ultimately get it done and always on call sort of job.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.