1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Woodstock Telecaster / Miller Anderson

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by milleranderson, Jun 5, 2020.

I was amazed to find the Telecaster with weird bridge that I played at woodstock ‘69 !

1. 4

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. 1

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. milleranderson

milleranderson TDPRI Member

This guitar was stolen just after the Woodstock Festival . It was a 64 Lseries in Olympic White .
    Used on the Festival and for the 6 week tour of USA with the Keef Hartley Band . When we returned to England , later in the same year ‘ 69 We played The Albert Hall in London with John Mayall’s drummer less
    “ Turning Point “ period . At the end of the gig , My Tele had gone ...forever ! I never could find another like it ! It had the weird tailpiece that I put on there . It wasn’t a top loader as some on this site have suggested . That whole bridge idea was totally Heath Robinson . A testament to those early days when no spares were available . Mods ? out of the question then . Anybody still interested or EVEN BETTER !!
    “ Know where it is ? “ I still miss that “ Old piece of Wood”
    Miller Anderson .

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Howdy and welcome!
    I sincerely wish you good luck finding your guitar.

Fretting out and Awkirk like this.
  3. Seasicksailor

Seasicksailor Friend of Leo's

Do you mean this one? Photos always help (perhaps you happen to have better ones?). Good luck!!

[​IMG]

nojazzhere, Shango66 and Awkirk like this.
  4. milleranderson

There are some more photos on this site about my Tele at Woodstock . I was just looking on google . I asked , “ Where is my stolen “ 64 tele ( as a joke ) it was stolen a few months after Woodstock . It pointed me to this site and questions about my stupid tailpiece etc . It was a real surprise . I joined up !
    There are more on here and I think even one with Keef Hartley Band mate , Mick Taylor playing it with us at The Marquee club in London .

Matthias likes this.
  5. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

Are you THE Miller Anderson? I was just reading about your tele on reverb.com about the history of the “Woodstock” guitars

It’s nice to have you here

Sorry about your tele

Do you recall the serial?

With a 50 year window a lot of stuff could have happened

Do you remember if it had other mods? In the reverb article it said something about a homemade bridge

nojazzhere likes this.
  6. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

Did you look behind the couch ???

As an older gentleman myself, I do have an occasional tendency to misplace things ...

nojazzhere and BB like this.
  7. oldjohn

oldjohn TDPRI Member

I can't help with the tele, but thanks for taking me back to '69 (maybe 70?) when I saw the Keef Hartley Band supporting John Mayall at the Regal Cinema in Cambridge.

As a 14 going on 15 year old I had just "discovered" the Bluesbreakers thanks to my brother-in-law lending me Diary Of A Band and the "Beano" album. I can't remember much of John Mayall's mostly (if I remember right) "unplugged" set. And that's not because there was anything wrong with Mayall's performance, but because the Keef Hartley Band's sound was so memorable.

I also recall Keef Hartley's Midi Band and John Mayall's trio (quartet?) performing on The Old Grey Whistle Test (or maybe it was still Disco 2 in those days) around the same time. One of the tracks still runs through my head on a regular basis.

Thanks for the memories :cool:

8. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Thanks for joining.
    What are you up to, nowadays?

9. milleranderson

Nice to hear from you all !
    Yes I probably dropped the Tele into a thin bowl of gruel and didn’t even notice as I had had a toilet incident at the same time ;-)
    I have a band in Germany for product contact Frank Tischer Musiker on the web
    ( keyboard player . ) We were playing all over Europe until Lockdown ! I use Thomas Blug Amp 1 plus 1x12” Blug Nano cab . I played to 12.000 people at The Herzburg Festival with that gear . Weighs nothing ( great / creak !) and sounds amazing ... check it out . I’m not an endorsee . Its just something I should tell , especially , the older players . Driven by a Russian 1 inch long valve ,
    So not a amp simulator . Full blown valve sound . Much easier to use than Carlos Santana’s amp than he kindly let me use at Woodstock . If you are out there , Carlos ...
    Peace and thanks .
    All the best to you all . Mill
    By the way ( as you asked ) I was 75 in April . ;-)

10. Dobronaut

Dobronaut Tele-Meister

Miller, I'm glad to hear you're still at it. Those first 3 Keef Hartley Band albums were sheer class. My vinyl has long gone, but I still dig you out on Spotify from time to time.

11. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Friend of Leo's

Hi.

Welcome.

My friend from the U.K. gave me a Keef Hartley Band album, or compilation or something. I’ve never listened to it. Don’t know why. I’m going to get off my backside right now and look for it.

Good luck with the guitar hunt.

Pax/
    Dean

12. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Friend of Leo's

Hi again.

Nope, no luck. Did find some Mojo CDs he gave me though.

And in iTunes I found one song, The Time is Near on the compilation Strange Pleasures. Further Sounds of the Decca Underground.

Also found some old clips on YouTube, including the Telecaster in question. Very cool to see that in action.

Reminds me, we once had a guy turn up here who once also owned the Tele that Steve Marriott had and used in that clip for Song of a Baker. He either bought it from him or sold it to him. Can’t remember which now. He didn’t stick around long though. Someone immediately jumped down his throat for resurrecting an old thread and that was the last we heard from him. Which was a shame.

Pax/
    Dean

Brett Valentine and nojazzhere like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.