1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

woodshedding on Django's Troublant Bolero: I found this vid at #100daysofpractice (Hilary Hahn's)

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by billy logan, Apr 8, 2021.

1. billy logan

billy logan Tele-Meister

https://twitter.com/i/status/1379826507447681025

Don't jump to the conclusion that the OP (me) of this thread is a hotshot player!

My main motive is to tell everybody about violinist Hilary Hahn's 100 Days of Practice thread at Twitter.
    I know it's maybe weird to bring in a classical angle, but Hilary Hahn is SO generous! telling and showing about her practice system !!!

@100daysofpractice at Twitter. You can find it. I THINK the "100 days" part is that she took a year off from performing - and re-started FIERCE practicing like almost 100 days ago.

She's very informative about her near-term technique goals, and topics like procrastinating. EVEN THOUGH SHE IS AN ASTONISHING VIRTUOSO who doesn't owe anybody ANYTHING!

Folks contributing to her Twitter thread #100daysofpractice include another violinist explaining how she's working on a Dizzy Gillespie trumpet solo on violin.

@violincase is Hilary Hahn's other Twitter. @100daysofpractice.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.