1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Wood identification on mystery T body??

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by gbart14, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

I’d say pine, looks just like the regular stuff you see in woodyards for DIY projects.

2. gbart14

gbart14 TDPRI Member

Bridge pup is a TCA1N so, for sure they were out of a Classic Vibe. Pots are 2012 so might be from the same set up. For giggles I am going to try the VanZandt pups. Interesting - the bridge VanZandt does not fit the hole in the bridge plate. Will look at it again tomorrow.

3. vt102

vt102 TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Here's a video of a guy making a Fender-style neck, so you can see better how they work:

Laren likes this.
  4. JeffBro

JeffBro Tele-Meister

they don't have pine trees in Mexico

5. gbart14

gbart14 TDPRI Member

Mine is a parts caster with Deluxe series MIM neck from 2002 on a Squire Classic Vibe body, most likely pine of unknown year but before 2015. And 2011 pots. I bought the guitar in 2015 so who knows what the real history is? I am just trying to get it to sound less anemic. I bought it with several others and amps from a guy who needed to take care of his pregnant wife. I sold the others so this one is virtually free.

6. fenderchamp

fenderchamp Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I would just use that body, I would not go to the trouble of stripping it.. no way. Just screw they thing together and Just play it for a while, I've always thought classic vibe squires sound pretty good.

7. gbart14

gbart14 TDPRI Member

Yes, that is also what I decided to do. I replaced the pickups with the Van Zandt True Vintage that I had laying around and now I really like the sound. It seemed to wake it up and now it is enjoyable to play. Thanks to everyone for the advice. Great forum.

8. vanr

vanr Tele-Afflicted

Pine is my guess too

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.