Wood Glue dried on my hands.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Kind of a texture offense. I'm repairing a chair (which went pretty well but took a couple hours to fit the plug... anyway after clamping and wiping... I have wood glue crud and I don't like the texture.

I don't mind grease (like wheel grease) or oil or dirt (hmm sometimes gritty dirt is a texture weirdness) I hate getting mayo on my hands or mustard...

yeah dried wood glue not my favorite. Now, back to work.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Falling off a bike might scrape it off or use goo gone.
oh dang man. I hope you are sitting in a comfortable chair, feet up and some iced tea.

When I broke some ribs a year ago, it was just awful, but no road rash, you have it way worse! I don't know if you like car fix type shows, but I watch Ant Anstead Master Car Builder, he uses a bunch of parts and builds an old fashioned F1 car and it is great to watch and motivating!

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
Kind of a texture offense. I'm repairing a chair (which went pretty well but took a couple hours to fit the plug... anyway after clamping and wiping... I have wood glue crud and I don't like the texture.

I don't mind grease (like wheel grease) or oil or dirt (hmm sometimes gritty dirt is a texture weirdness) I hate getting mayo on my hands or mustard...

As a kid, sitting bored in class, I would squeeze Elmers glue on my hand and spread it until it covered my whole palm. It would quickly dry and I'd slowly peel it and pretend it was a a big blister, and gross everyone out. Then, I'd get sent to the office.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
As a kid, sitting bored in class, I would squeeze Elmers glue on my hand and spread it until it covered my whole palm. It would quickly dry and I'd slowly peel it and pretend it was a a big blister, and gross everyone out. Then, I'd get sent to the office.
I was a milk monitor... I used to admire the kids who were trundling up the hallway to the principal's office. I'd be out going to count the milk and divvy up the trays and then deliver it.

I didn't like the vague sour milk smell, but, the lady and the custodian who kind of managed me always left chocolate milk and either cookies or candy for me.

She would come in just before I'd go out with my cart and she would check my count and like kind of jump up and down with delight because it was right.

I had a feeling back then that there was plenty of room and jobs for the not so sharp... but they were super nice to me, so, WIN

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity

Yummy!

Dismalhead

Poster Extraordinaire
Pretty much every time I use Elmer's I still do this to at least a finger tip:

maxresdefault.jpg

flathd

Poster Extraordinaire
I did this with Great Stuff expanding foam once. The label clearly recommends wearing protective gloves; BELIEVE IT.
I BELIEVE IT!! Great Stuff is the worst sticky crap there is. I ruined a new Carhart jacket, that crappy stuff doesn't come off!

Yes, gloves, goggles, a hat and hooded poncho!

Last edited:

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I just got spray on rubberized undercoat on old shoes and an old shirt. It sticks hard. No I wasn‘t using it to undercoat a car. I was using it for the underlayment on the roof of a Little Free Library for our front yard and then put shingles over the rubberized seal. It worked well. I am glad I didn’t get that stuff on my hands.

Note: Just a small spot on the shoes.

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
Had a bunch of yellow glue dry on my hands once- no big deal, but the person in the seat next to me on the bus got up and moved when I started peeling "skin" off my hands. Polyurethane, such as Gorilla glue, is another matter, you can count on black hands for some days.