Wolfetone B-tch Tele Bridge Pickup

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by davguitar, Aug 10, 2020.

1. davguitar

davguitar Tele-Meister

https://www.wolfetone.com/

I'm dropping a letter from the model type in case it's against the rules to type the full spelling of a female wolf or other canine.

I think I am OCD about Tele pickups like many players. That's what keeps the pickup makers in business. I thought I was finished after a Fender Original Vintage bridge, a Muy Grande, and a couple of others along the way, but decided to try one more and try the Wolfe McCloud's recipe. I like his the best of all I've tried. Rich, smooth, punchy and still the brightness to cut through without creating ear fatigue. This pickup build quality is top notch. No rope style wind, just black tape and a lacquer type (maybe a mix with lacquer and bees wax) dip. It measures 7.93 kOhms for those who want to know. I use this with a Fender 64 Pure Vintage neck. I have RW-RP with the two pickups. This Wolfetone also rejects hum and noise better than the others I've tried, except for a humbucking style Tele pickup. I suggest you add Wolfetone to your go-to list of pickup makers. For some reason I haven't found that many reviews of his Tele pickups - not because of their performance - but he seems to get lots of reviews for his standard humbuckers and P-90 style pickups.

CV Jee Beez likes this.
  2. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

Wolfetone P90s are the BEST!

50ShadesofOrange and davguitar like this.
  3. heffus

heffus Tele-Holic

I agree, some of the absolutely best p90s out there. Never heard anyone discuss his tele pickups before though.

50ShadesofOrange likes this.
  4. davguitar

davguitar Tele-Meister

You're right. I checked here myself for previous discussion and found only one comment. The poster had used the same pickup and liked it.

5. tweedman2001

tweedman2001 Tele-Afflicted

Was North of There, Now Way Way South of There
    Again, Meaner P90

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.