Wives' Birthdays

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by rickthescot, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

This year, I chartered a sailboat, a schooner actually for a couple hours of sailing around.

210332266_10224733123052891_5030957641397356162_n.jpg 209715220_10224733127973014_5040686601790819250_n.jpg 211531952_10224733129133043_3061133215445730586_n.jpg

2. oatsoda

oatsoda Tele-Holic

I once bought a pair of concert tickets for a show I knew she would love but I had no desire to see, told her it was for her and her best friend. They had a great time, I had a night to myself, and I was the hero because both she and her friend each told all their pals how thoughtful I was.

3. rickthescot

rickthescot Tele-Afflicted

Did that one gave her Earth Wind and Fire tickets, she and my son attended. They loved it and I enjoyed not going.

4. Jim622

Jim622 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I would have gotten a 3rd ticket. When I was in pursuit of my to be wife I went to see Yani. The things we do. It was more pleasant than I thought it would be. The musicianship was pretty amazing.

5. graybeard65

graybeard65 Tele-Meister

I overheard my wife telling her favorite sister that she'd lost all of her favorite sheet music during her divorce...so I emailed her parents and siblings, and asked everyone which music they remembered her liking as she was growing up. I bought all of her favorites from her formative years and college, and then a couple of newer things that she's listened to over the last couple of years.

She loved all of the sheet music, and was completely surprised. She asked if I could play some of it on the guitar for her, and I suggested a duet instead - and then I showed her the new digital piano and bench that I'd gotten her.

I also got get mother to send me the recipe for her favorite childhood dish, and as a surprise I made that for dinner that night.

She is still raving about her birthday - and making her happy makes me happy -

6. graybeard65

graybeard65 Tele-Meister

7. Cheap Trills

Cheap Trills Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

are you out of your mind? :)

8. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Flowers and dinner at a nice restaurant makes my wife happy. I'm a lucky man.

9. pinchegil

pinchegil Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

A long weekend at a bed n breakfast somewhere she would like to go, doing things she wants to do, couple of great meals. And chocolates

Jim622 likes this.
  10. IanMoss

IanMoss Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

She likes to make a big deal of her birthday.

As far as I am concerned, mine is just another day in the year.

But I'll never forget her birthday.

Because it is the same as mine.
    [same day / different years. The source of occasional tension because of our differing views]

electrichead and howardlo like this.
  11. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

These got “how did you know?” tonight, but I’ve been with her for about a million years. I’ve done amazingly well on shoes & boots, but boys, you better know what yer doing or opt for flowers or other drivel. 1D27DA12-641F-497D-A690-8378902025DA.jpeg 81BBB163-CE04-4F3D-98F3-AEF5D1C9EBC1.jpeg

getbent and Toto'sDad like this.
  12. esseff

esseff Tele-Afflicted

Senora esseff (Loli) was pretty offhand with me one morning (not an unusual occurrence for a woman with scalding Latin blood) so I went to work with the usual sense of puzzlement at what I'd apparently done this time. Then one of my workmates asks me what I'd got for Loli's birthday. If I'd had a Facebook account like most people I'd have seen the Happy Birthday's plastered all over her page. Fast forward to lunchtime - I scream off to the fashion shops and see blue female tops for sale at two for the price of one. Perfect! Some wrapping paper and a big birthday card next and then back to work.
    When I get home the temperature is twenty degrees colder than outside until I hand over the presents and say 'Happy Birthday, you thought I'd forgotten, didn't you?'
    Balance is restored and my scalp is intact... until she goes to the same fashion shop the following week and sees the same tops on offer at two for the price of one. :eek:
    I've never forgotten her birthday since. :oops:

Toto'sDad likes this.
  13. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Related:

https://www.newmexico.org/nmmagazin...-cookies-from-sweet-cheeks-bakery-farmington/

14. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

See, you just got to know your wife. I bought my wife a sand wedge for her Birthday one time, my work buddy said you're crazy TD she's gonna kill you! She loves that wedge it's her favorite chipping and pitching club, uses it every time we go play golf. About three years ago, I drove a hundred miles one way to buy her the perfect golf driver. It really did add quite a lot of distance to her drives. It's a high lofted club (13 degrees) and has many adjustments, which I tuned perfectly for her. She loves my birthday gifts!

15. OmegaWoods

OmegaWoods Tele-Holic

You're making life very tough for the rest of us!

Well done!

Killing Floor likes this.
  16. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Judging by threads on TDPRI, buy her a knife! Well, consider how close the ER is, first.

El Serio likes this.
  17. doghouseman

doghouseman Tele-Holic

if she says "I dont need anything this year" - dont fall for it. It is a trap. I did that one year and I am still hearing about it.

18. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

it's simple, ask her what she needs or would like , you've been together for 30 years so the element of surprize is negliable , but if she wished for a gift card to her favorite clothe store, or a romantic night out just the 2 of you , roses always hit home but in reality impracticle, and if she says she doesnot need any thing maybe a new kitchen appliance she has wished for .

I have always stated " What Mrs. 24 wants , she gets" reguardless, on the simple principal alone that she has stuck this this idiot for close to 45 years overall and 38 years married , and we share a brain ( we think the same thing at the same time ) and laugh at each other every day, plus most importantly we agree to disagree and the subject is dropped , I do not have to proove I am right and neither does she.

communication works , guessing not so much

19. rickthescot

rickthescot Tele-Afflicted

Gomez.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.