Witnessed a Funny Thing Yesterday...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Whatever you do, don't use your mouth :lol::lol::lol:

Dan German and Harry Styron like this.
  2. Snfoilhat

Snfoilhat Tele-Afflicted

I visited Cape May once in 2009 for the Waterbirds society conference. Beautiful place.
    IMG_0862.JPG

Here's a warbler I may have known how to ID 10 years ago, but have since lost the talent...
    IMG_0870.JPG

I never had the talent of getting the subject of a photo in focus :oops:

Happy new spotting scope day!

3. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

you, sir, are genius and I have missed you!

boris bubbanov likes this.
  4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

You don't do anything. As long as I stay in my right mind, I won't be explaining anything to a woman. They do not make mistakes, and if you have the misfortune, (or?) to try and correct one who you THINK has, woe unto you. Just leave it be, if you don't know the wisdom of this advice, you will learn it for yourself, eventually.

5. Toto'sDad

Would you mind going over that one more time, and telling us what you really said? :D

6. FLHT

FLHT TDPRI Member

Dicker...

7. jimilee

jimilee Tele-Afflicted

When I was in sales, I was always quite good at spotting the smart ones, the trick is to just talk to them for a moment to get and feel and not start grabbing things right off. Also, everyone got the top shelf treatment and I let them tell me when it was too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toto'sDad and getbent like this.
  8. bondoman

bondoman Tele-Meister

$3k? Yikes! As an equal opportunity enabler I think its only fair you go out and buy a $3k guitar.

9. skunqesh

skunqesh Tele-Holic

stay quiet, make no sudden movements, and for the love of all that's holy keep yer trap shut. tight.

edit
    Since that advice had already been posted (self preserving minds think alike)
    another option is do what any pet dog does when its 'owner' does something strange.
    Sit there, act cute, and wait for a treat.

10. Toto'sDad

I know it's counterintuitive, and maybe one of the hardest things to learn, but perhaps one of the most effective tools used in selling is: Knowing when to shup up!

11. Toto'sDad

It's funny you should mention this, lately when my wife and I are having a discussion, I weigh what I'm thinking, against what effect it will have on whatever we are doing, or discussing, and most of the time I resort to the, emmmmm, response. Emmmm, being a noncommittal utterance that conveys not even the hint of disagreement with anything she's said, while not necessarily agreeing. If you get really good at it, you can just pass right by what otherwise might not be to your liking. A happy wife, (woman) is one who does not encounter resistance to her reign of power.

skunqesh likes this.
  12. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Afflicted

Sounds like my wife !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

I can't afford a $3k guitar :cry:

14. kingofdogs1950

kingofdogs1950 Tele-Holic

Back when I worked in bicycle shops I had a boss that was an older and very portly lady. She was extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of bicycles but didn't look the part of a bike expert.
    We would have some fun when she would bring a customer over to me and introduce me as a 'real' expert that can help them. (She was a real expert!) I was a twenty something bike racer and did look like I knew what I was doing. I was the store manager and knew an awful lot but many customers wanted to talk to the store owner.
    It was a sort of tag team that worked very well.
    We had many doctors, lawyers, NASA engineers, college professors, and such for customers and my policy was to assume that a customer may be a lot smarter and knows more that I did. This policy served me well. I met a lot of really cool people (and women too!) and we went on many a bike ride together. (I always invited customers to go riding after work to show them some great rides around Houston. Folks really liked this.)
    Golden rule and all that, but I treated people the way I would want to be treated.
    I was a very successful salesman and it was always fun to greet a repeat customer that I sold a bike to many years before.

The Dog King

ale.istotle and Bones like this.
  15. Toto'sDad

Very good advice. From this mornings breakfast. After consuming pancakes, with both butter, and peanut butter topped with maple syrup with a healthy portion of sausage on the side. My wife asked, would you like an apple? My thought process, no I don't want an apple, it will taste like carboard, after eating all of that syrup. Then I thought, I probably I won't even taste it, it probably wont hurt me, so I said, sure! I ate the apple, she felt like I had actually eaten something healthy, and now I'm a good boy, she even gave me a pat on the head, just like old Alex gets if he's a good boy.

skunqesh likes this.
  16. P-Nutz

P-Nutz Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

‘Ceptin’ Sunday nights, and tonight it’s some sort of veggie risotto ... YUM!

‘Course, I B doin’ the shoppin’ ...

Peace.

17. pixeljammer

pixeljammer Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Have you considered, you know, getting her a bird of her own? She could look at it all the time!

18. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I hear that.

So, I like to go to the car shows (or car dealers) and get the women representatives of the business to explain how the XYZ works. She fails, so I give them an easier one. Failure. So, I give her a still easier one. Again, failure. They're easy on the eyes. That's why they were hired - everyone knows this, don't they?

What I think is the goofiest is, getting accused of "mansplaining" by people who haven't the slightest. You see, the meaning of this term has expanded to include ANY situation where the explainer knows anything at all. Passing information along to your fellow humans is rude, patronizing, condescending and inconsiderate. Don't do it!!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  19. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

When a salesman is talking to my wife in a condescending manner, I excuse myself. I don't like to see a man eviscerated.

slauson slim and Dan German like this.
  20. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

The really Good Salespeople ask questions of their Customers.
    Pretty sad when that happens.

Bones likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.