With love from Belgium

tomasz

Tele-Holic
Welcome to the forum! I love those little details about your cabronita :) and that you are rocking a Kauffmann, not an obvious choice, but great guitars! :)

Steebz Khuan

TDPRI Member
Welcome to the forum! I love those little details about your cabronita :) and that you are rocking a Kauffmann, not an obvious choice, but great guitars! :)
Thanks Tomasz! Since I live in Belgium the Kauffmann was an obvious choice, Kauffmann store is right around the corner (so to speak) and it's a really solid light weight tele that didn't cost me a limb (I was lucky to find it before Kauffmann prices went up and before one-piece swamp ash bodies went scarce.) The cabronita is very dear to me, not only because it was my first ever partscaster build but also because I finished it on the very day my dad suddenly & unexpectedly passed. I've had it for three years now and I only added a tone pot; I finished it in a super thin coat of nitro and I played right through that, so it could do with a refin but I can't bring myself to change anything more than that pot. It's the first guitar that'll never leave me. I'm calling her Consuela :)

naneek

Tele-Holic
Hi folks, very glad to be here. I'm a long time forum lurker and now a freshly registered member from Belgium. Been a self-taught player for ten years and in that time I worked myself through an odd thirty guitars looking for the perfect fit before I mustered up the courage to try a tele, and that ended the quest for me. All the other stuff is gone now, my teles mean the world to me. Here's a picture of my two blondes: cabronita/esquire partscaster on the left, trusty Kauffmann 56 on the right, both light-weight swamp ash bodies. Got another build coming up, going the white limba route for that one. Thanks TDPRI for the inspiration!

View attachment 978843
forgive me, but....
1652136022940.png

from belgium with love.jpg

I'll show myself out.

Last edited:

Steebz Khuan

TDPRI Member
forgive me, but....
View attachment 981494
View attachment 981504
I'll show myself out.
Haha, you even put the waffle in there! Totally merciless! And with that, in my first week of membership the TDPRI has surpassed all other social media as my favorite time wasting platform.

Incidentally, apart from surrealism, beer, french fries (not a french invention!) and dead-end bureaucracy, Belgians also invented/engineered 'witloof' (Belgian endives), a main ingredient in a couple of exquisite Belgian dishes that you're not likely to find anywhere else in the world. 'With love (witloof) from Belgium' is a dumb inside joke that's only funny to Belgians, and me explaining a dumb inside joke is also a typically Belgian trait. Yes I live in a very creepy country.

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
Haha, you even put the waffle in there! Totally merciless! And with that, in my first week of membership the TDPRI has surpassed all other social media as my favorite time wasting platform.

Incidentally, apart from surrealism, beer, french fries (not a french invention!) and dead-end bureaucracy, Belgians also invented/engineered 'witloof' (Belgian endives), a main ingredient in a couple of exquisite Belgian dishes that you're not likely to find anywhere else in the world. 'With love (witloof) from Belgium' is a dumb inside joke that's only funny to Belgians, and me explaining a dumb inside joke is also a typically Belgian trait. Yes I live in a very creepy country.

Ok! For some of us, the excellent beer balances out the rest of it. Welcome and cheers!