Wishbone Ash - Live 1972

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Andy Powell and Ted Turner, what a pair!

1642027822393.png

Bob Womack

Friend of Leo's
Wishbone-ash-charlotte-nc-m.jpg

The CD remaster of Live Dates by Ted Turner for BGO (Beat Goes on) records is really, really well done.

I was introduced to WA by Live Dates. That album features the original band in their ascendancy. BTW, Ted Turner's LP custom was dropped from a truck onto the tarmac at Memphis airport, breaking its neck and ruining it, and the Ryder truck containing their entire back line was stolen there as well, ending the tour. It wasn't until five years ago when a guy walked up to Andy Powell after a show and offered his Orange Graphic Amp back. Andy had it restored.

They are still at it after twenty-six studio albums, the last in 2020. I saw them in Richmond that year. They regularly tour Europe and the U.S. Andy leads the band. They have had to cancel their latest tour due to lockdowns in Europe.

Bob

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Three of us bachelors were living in a horse stall building converted to a rental in the sticks at the time. We'd play this album a lot in the morning when we were just hanging out... and doing other things... Dead end gravel road. Sloping field full of daisies in the sun shine outside our window... yea I remember those days!

Tarkus60

Tele-Holic
Funny I remember the band.....but could not remember why I never listened to them. I like it .

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Love em!
Kickbone Ass my friends and I called em’.
Andy Powell was a great, sinewy blues player, Ted succinct and clear.
Martin sang great, and played great bass.
Steve Upton was a jazzy, deft drummer.
When Laurie Wisefield replaced Ted, he was a great fit.
He was flashier than Ted, and pushed Andy, in a good way.
A brilliant, and greatly underrated band!
The introduced Orange Matamps to my tribe.
I still like the band, and the amps.