Wiring question...

expat701

Tele-Meister
Hi, I’ve got a question: is it possible to have La Cabronita wiring such that you have a 3-way switch and a single S1 pot such that normally there is no tone enabled however push the S1 button and you get the equivalent of full tone pot on (at same volume)?

Basically I want to build a La Cabronita with single 3-way switch and single knob that is the volume pot and can add tone into the mix via the S1 switch/button.

And is the above available left handed and 250k?

I'm a newbie at wiring, so please forgive me if this is a silly question.

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
Hi, I’ve got a question: is it possible to have La Cabronita wiring such that you have a 3-way switch and a single S1 pot such that normally there is no tone enabled however push the S1 button and you get the equivalent of full tone pot on (at same volume)?

Basically I want to build a La Cabronita with single 3-way switch and single knob that is the volume pot and can add tone into the mix via the S1 switch/button.

And is the above available left handed and 250k?

I'm a newbie at wiring, so please forgive me if this is a silly question.
Yes.
A tone pot up full is just a resistor / capacitor (in series) wired in parallel with the volume pot, so any old switch can do this (it doesn’t need to be as complicated as an S-1, I’d just use a push-pull or push-push pot: even those will have more capability than you need).