1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Wiring help

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by SonicMustang, Jan 15, 2021.

1. SonicMustang

SonicMustang Tele-Meister

Hello everyone,

Would anyone be able to clarify the attached wiring diagram for me?

I'm assuming GND means ground. Each pickup has the hot wire that goes to the switch and then another wire for the ground. I've wired a bunch of pickups before but I am just making sure that these grounds will need to be grounded to the back of one of the pots.

I see on the volume knob that the 3rd terminal it shows that it needs to be grounded to the top of itself, but on the tone it just says GND on the back of the pot. Where would this be grounded?

Thanks in advance.

crazydave911 likes this.
  2. SonicMustang

SonicMustang Tele-Meister

wiring diagram.gif

crazydave911 likes this.
  3. dsutton24

dsutton24 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

As long as everything that says Gnd is connected together somehow you're good. It doesn't really matter how or in what order you do it. Don't forget your bridge ground.

crazydave911 likes this.
  4. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Solder all the grounds to the back of the pots - bridge too as mentioned and run a ground wire between the pots. I usually run a ground wire through that lug on the volume to the back of the pot, solder it all and solder the other end to the back of the tone pot. The jack ground can go to the back of the tone pot as well.

crazydave911 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.