1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

wiring Help required

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Maupelsung, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Maupelsung

Maupelsung TDPRI Member

Hi everyone, I just assembled my first telecaster. It is a semihallow tele with two tonal chambers. The project came great except that I have problems with the wiring, everithing seems to be correctly grounded to my tester, still once the guitar is connected to the amp it makes a light noise, rolling the tone pot all the way down it goes away.
    Up to my researches being an Hallow body there's no possible way to shield it except by using shielded wires. that brings up many different dubs in my mind and I was hoping for help.

This is the girl:

Schermata 2018-04-17 alle 16.17.06.png

Currently I have a mini toggle switch on on on that gives a series/split/parallel configuration to the humbucker. The Volume pot recives ground from the bridge, the humbucker, the tone.

IMG_8980.jpg

With shielded wires I guess I could take away wires 4 and 6. I think I could connect wire n3 and create two little bridges withe the shielding to create a ground connevtion between the tone and volume pot. Correct?
    Also from the center log of the volume the signal would connect to the imput Jack Hot and the shielding of the same wire would have a bridge on the volume pot and on the ground connector of the imput Jack. Again, is it correct?

As it follows:

IMG_8981.jpg

Ideally this should solve my noise issue....Help....Thanks

2. corliss1

corliss1 Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

You should probably post this over in the Tele Technical forum as it will get way more views there. This area is for problems with the forum software itself.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.