Winner! The Scattesquire

Tick

TDPRI Member
Congrats Scatter Lee! I really enjoyed your thread.
In my book all the builders are winners.I enjoyed each and every thread.

jkingma

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats Scatter Lee... and to everyone else who gave it a go. It was a really fun month watching all these guitars come to life. I'd be proud to own any one of them.

I'm already looking forward to next years competition.

straightface

Friend of Leo's
Great work everybody and congrats to you Scatter Lee! The building talent on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

Jack Wells

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I enjoyed all the build threads. A lot of ingenuity shown by the participants. I learned a lot and got some great ideas ............... which I will steal.
Wink.gif

Scatter Lee ............ you are a Telecaster building machine.

djsommer

TDPRI Member
Beautiful work everyone! It's inspiring to see such quality instruments being made - it shows all of us that with a little time & effort, we can do the same thing. Of course, having the fountain of knowledge known as tdpri only a few clicks away doesn't hurt!

NewGuy410

Tele-Meister
Congrats Scatter Lee!
I think you need to talk to the DIY TV network about getting yourself a show.
I know I'd watch it.

GeeJay

Tele-Meister
Fantastic effort from all concerned, even those that were unable for one reason or another to complete in time.

To the three guys on the podium, I think your guitars look amazing. If they play as well as they look, they are fine indeed.

As for the winner, I must say that's the build I followed most and the end result looks stellar.

Congrats..

jimdkc

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
As a newbie here, I think I came around at a great time! It was so much fun to read all the build threads and get a concentrated crash course on building a great Tele on the cheap!

Congrats to the winners... and to all the participants! There was something unique and impressive in every build.

Thanks!
Jim

Last edited:

Tuxedo

Tele-Holic
Congrats to everyone who attempted the contest. That's what really made it fun. I hope to see more of these in the future—with a different twist of course.

bo

Poster Extraordinaire
DANG! Those are all impressive. I really like the looks of the Palletcaster. That whole coppery look is really cool.

Ron Garson

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
What fantastic work by everyone. All worthy of prizes!! :D

TELE_BLUES

Tele-Afflicted
There was alot of good on builing in this contest,maybe the best one is what scatter lee was able to do with out much in the way of fully equiped woodworking shop.Alot of good ol' down home engineering.There was something to learn from each builder.Agreat resource for every wanna be guitar builder.A big thanks to all builders this was one of the best things i've seen here.