Winner! The Scattesquire

TDPRI

Retired
The voting is in and the judges agree with the masses. Scatter Lee's "Scattesquire" WINS the 1st Ever $100 Tele Challenge.

Second place honors go to Big Mike Simpson's "Palletcaster" and in third is Martyb1's "CADocaster."

Just check out the threads!

Here's the link to the final product in each thread:

Scattesquire

Palletcaster

CADocaster

Thanks to everyone that participated. It was a blast and YES, we plan to do this again next Spring. So plan ahead.

PS. Winner's I'll be in touch via email

Last edited:

TDPRI

Retired
YIKES, I miscounted the votes on Appearance and in doing so announced the wrong 3rd place winner.

I'm sorry sorry. I figured I'd better make it right rather than leave my mistake. So, I apologize to everyone for being a dunderhead.

ROADMAN

Poster Extraordinaire
good choice.....Scatter Lee

congratulations0an8.jpg

TDPRI

Retired
How the judging took place:

The judges voted for their favs in each category (ingenuity, originality, appearance, build thread and overall result). The winner of each category got 5 points, the second place got 3 points and then 1 point for everyone else receiving a vote. The Scattesquire got the most points total. Followed closely by the Palletcaster and the CADocaster.

Tim Armstrong

Super Moderator
Ad Free Member
Every single entry was a winner! That sounds like meaningless happytalk, but it isn't.

You guys all ROCK!!!!

Tim

wikur

Tele-Meister
Congrats Scatter Lee! great build!!.
Thanks TDPRI and all builders for this challenge.
I`ve really enjoyed it !!.
This calls for a word i seldom use but here it is "awesome"!!!!!.

Buckocaster51

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ad Free Member
I'll tell you one thing kids, ALL of those builds had a lot going for them. It was not easy trying to find something to make one rise to the top.

Kudos to everybody involved.

Steve Dikkers
aka Buckocaster51

KevinB

Doctor of Teleocity
Great builds everyone and congratulations to the winners!

Scatter Lee's thread was simply one of the most informative and downright entertaining I've ever seen.

Mike Simpson

Doctor of Teleocity
I am surprised, thankful and honored to be included in the top 3... Thanks to Paul and the panel of judges and all the other contestants for a fun month of building, creativity and innovation. It was fun trying to see what I could make instead of buy and throwing caution to the wind and trying new things.

Thanks Again to all and congrats to Scatterlee.

martyb1

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats to Scatter and Big Mike
I can't believe I made the top three
There was a point I was going to back out
Special thanks to Paul and the rest of the challengers
This was great fun and all I can say is
Look out next year ;)

jimd

Friend of Leo's
Congratulations to everyone who participated. I enjoyed every single build thread, and learned something from each of them.

I hope that those who didn't finish in time, stick it out and keep posting their builds. I'm looking forward to seeing those finished up too.

ps. Scatterlee, do us all a favor and don't use that money on tools or parts. I really enjoyed your ingenuity and use of low-tech tools. Spend it on beer.

Maricopa

Friend of Leo's
Congrats ScatterMan! Hell of a job.
Of course my disappointment at not winning is tempered by the fact that I get to keep my guitar. :D

Last edited:

buddywayne

Tele-Afflicted
Well, this $100 build deal cost me a lot time and some sleep. Some of the best reading and watching I have ever done. Thanks to everyone and congrats to all for participating.