Will the 0060068000 Bridge fit for Fender Chris Shift?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by psychepool, Mar 28, 2020.

1. psychepool

psychepool TDPRI Member

I have a Fender Chris Schiflett signature.
    https://distinctiveguitar.com/elect...hris-shiflett-telecaster-deluxe-arctic-white/

The bridge is the hardtail bridge with bent saddle, and the product number is 0081150000.
    I want to change the bridge to 0060068000. (Fender Mexico classic 72 deluxe)

I am not trying to replace it for the purpose of upgrading performance.
    I'm just trying to replace the Mexico classic bridge because it gives me a more vintage look.
    Below is a picture of each of the two products.

[​IMG][​IMG]

But I wonder if this is compatible. No matter how hard I look, I have no information except string spacings.

The stock bridge has 2-1/16(52.3mm) spacing, and Mexico classic bridge has 2-3/16(55.6mm) spacing.
    I think stock bridge designed to fit a little bit more into a typical Humbuker spacings.

I know there is no particular problem with this because I've been fitted with a standard Humbucker guitar with a vintage spacing bridge.
    However, the concern is the compatibility of the screw location and spacing that are fixed to the body.
    It also widens the spacings and makes sure there is no line deviation from Chris Schiffret's neck.
    If the width of the neck pocket and fingerboard of 72 deluxe model are the same with Chris Shiflett, there won't be much problem, but I'm not sure if it's the same.

To sum up,
    1. The compatibility of the body fixation screw spacing between the two hard-tail bridges above
    2. Whether the 72 deluxe model and Chris Schiffret model have the same neck pocket width
    These two points are all I want to know.

If you know the exact information, please answer.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  2. EsquireBoy

EsquireBoy Tele-Afflicted

I do not have the answer, but my guess is the neck pocket width is not what you want to know here. The two pockets could have the same width without the string spacing being the same, because of the shape of the neck and fretboard.
    Going from 52,3 to 55,6mm seems to me like a problem, unless there is really a lot of room between the E strings and the fretboard’s edges with the stock bridge.

3. psychepool

psychepool TDPRI Member

Thank you for your answer.
    First of all, the most important thing I want to know is the compatibility of body fixation screw holes.
    This is because the screw hole spacing is impossible to fit into the body at all even if it is very slightly incorrect.

The current string space from the edge remains just fine. It is neither wide nor narrow.

The reason I asked about the size of the neck pocket was because I wanted to know the size of the fretboard.
    I was asking for the size of the neck pocket because I know that if the other two guitars have the same neck pocket size, the width of the fretboard is also the same.
    If I am mistaken, I ask you to correct.

When I used the 72 deluxe previously fitted with a 55.6mm bridge in stock, I naturally felt no inconvenience.
    I thought there is no difference in the width of the fretboard between the 72 Deluxe and Chris Schiflett.
    So I wasn't thinking of the string spacing as a problem.

4. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Cool thread.

My reason for wanting to throw cold water on your idea is, the existing pickup pole pieces on your Chris Shiflett model are IMO intended for a narrow or "modern" string array.

Even if the mount screw holes work out, your outboard strings (the Es) will fall outside the optimal area of those pickup pole pieces. So, until you're switching to a different bridge pickup, you're stopped.

5. milocj

milocj Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

What about swapping just the saddles? That's the only obvious difference I see between the two bridges in your pictures. Are those wider on the MIM model?

LutherBurger likes this.
  6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I'm guessing, sort of, from memory, but I think the saddle width is 10.5 mm on the one and 10.8 mm on the other. The wide saddles on the narrow array plate, would be atop one another or would be splayed.

But I could be wrong - it has been a while.

7. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Ask Fender?

8. psychepool

psychepool TDPRI Member

Yes, you're right.

Originally the 72 deluxe has widerange humbucker so they need vintage wide spacing.
    The Chris Shiflett has normal spaced humbucker so they need more narrow spacing.

But the Chris Shiflett bridge also dose not completely fit to normal spacing bridge so I don't mind about the string spacing.(I play it with gibson P90 and it has same spacing with normal humbucker)

Of course, I also have some doubts because the information you say is true. This is because both bridges look the same level of product.
    There seems to be no difference in level between the two bridges, so I think it's a little stupid to change the bridge that has some functional imperfection. Even pay money. :)

boris bubbanov likes this.
  9. psychepool

psychepool TDPRI Member

Vintage saddle has more width so may be doesn't fit to current bridge plate. You can find the hole spacing for saddle screw is more wide in vintage type bridge.

10. psychepool

psychepool TDPRI Member

It's a good idea. If no one has a definite answer to this, it would be wise to do as you say. Thank you.

11. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

They’re usually quite helpful, good luck

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.