Will Fender "Tonemaster" the lineup in 2020...?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by stantheman, Oct 15, 2019.

1. sswoverl

sswoverl TDPRI Member

The technology is AMAZING! AMAZING until next cycle, anyways. The it will be eclipsed by the next AMAZING thing. I'd imagine we're talking 18-24 months with regards to the market duration for these tech-enabled amps. You can count on the guts to last 5-7 years (if the rest of the technology sector is any indicator.)

I've owned Mustang II, and V, which sounded nice for me and sort of met my needs at the time. I bought the V closer to the end of its Marketing lifecycle, a year or so before the Mustang GT series came out.

I've owned a DRRI for about a year now, so halfway through my warranty. PCB build worries me some as a consumer.

But those two hand-wired guys from the early 60's (a Gibson GA45T and a Supro 1606) don't worry me a bit. When components fail, they'll be replaced.

2. Theiglupickin

Theiglupickin TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

The TwinRevTM would've been a great amp with all that power and 2 12" speakers and at 34lbs, its easy to transport, but I have other higher powered amps if needed so size and weight was more important than power. So far so good. The gigs are going well with it and we've trimmed our stage equipment down considerably along with all self powered PA spkrs, subs, monitors etc. Its kinda nice to be able to set up quickly and fit it all in a small van!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.