Will Fender "Tonemaster" the lineup in 2020...?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by stantheman, Oct 15, 2019.

1. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

If I was on the board (bored) of directors I'd already have the plans on the boat table...
    This ain't Grampa's Zodiac anymore. This stuff is so good I feel bad for Roadies because it looks like the
    only Touring they'll be doing will be with Mayflower come 2020.

Think about this: Every Amp You EVER dreamed of having under 35 lbs. that's what's coming.
    Maybe...the Super Reverb might top the scales at a whopping 40 lbs.:D

Vibroverbs in either 210 or 115 configurations.

Hey!!! anyone else checking on the prices of used Twin Reverbs aka "Local Pickup Amps"???
    I just saw a 2 year old Blonde with a Wheat Grill Cloth for $800...my guess is that in six months every Twin will be under $500 with the aforementioned "Local Pickup."

Now...the BIG QUESTION...When will Fender switch back to Blonde and Wheat?
    At least as an option because I WANT one in that configuration and I can wait.

foundjoe, Telecaster88 and EsquireBoy like this.
  2. Durtdog

Durtdog Poster Extraordinaire

If the current Tone Master line sells well (and I believe it is) Fender would be crazy not to add more vintage models to the line.

3. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Super Reverb.

Super Reverb.

Super Reverb.

4. Rev Hoodoo

Rev Hoodoo TDPRI Member

I admit, as happy as I am with the Tone Master Twin if they come out with a Tone Master Super Reverb I'm a goner for it.

But if they stretched further and did some of the brown era amps I'd love a Concert or a Bandmaster.

5. EsquireBoy

EsquireBoy Tele-Holic

I’m in too!

stantheman likes this.
  6. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

Just wondering, since I know nothing of the computer engineering behind all this....

Would a Tweed--say the 5E3--be easier or tougher to get right as a ToneMaster version, given how important touch sensitivity=>breakup=>singing sustain is with a Tweed circuit?

Or am I incorrect to assume that the big cleans of the blackface Deluxe Reverb and Twin Reverb are less complicated creatures to imitate?

7. MilwMark

A DR is not big cleans. The reason they are prized is they break up gloriously at relatively friendly stage volumes.

8. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

Right, but compared to a 5E3 or a 5F1....

Given how complex really rich Tweed tones are, are these too complex for the current technology level to faithfully imitate?

Probably not, in that my lowly Joyo American Sound gives a very good Tweed impression. But let's say, then, the '59ish Bassman's famous 5F6A. That thing is a 4D kaleidoscope! Is that imitable?

(No disrespect for blackface or silverface tones, clean and overdriven, intended! I have and love 'em both.)

9. bluescube

bluescube Friend of Leo's

I'd predict a 59 Bassman Tonemaster (but I'd hope they would add reverb).

10. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Tweed Bassman

Tweed Bassman

Tweed Bassman

11. ataylor

ataylor Tele-Meister

I’ll bet they add two more models to the range either at the winter NAMM show or next summer.

You’ve gotta think they’ll go with tweed this time, with the Bassman being the most likely candidate and then maybe something small like the Champ?

Then maybe a couple brownface amps? Princeton and Vibroverb?

Nom nom

12. 0utputXfmr

0utputXfmr Tele-Meister

YESSS!!!!! Absolutely this!

A solid-state combo with 4 Neodymium 10's, actually sounds good, and responds like the original? If they actually managed to pull that off, I'd be all over that!

stantheman likes this.
  13. MilwMark

Yes. I would grab one of those too.

14. Fred Rogers

Fred Rogers Tele-Afflicted

Cyber Twin 2020!

just kidding

Mad Kiwi, tele12 and Blrfl like this.
  15. BluesGuitarMart

BluesGuitarMart Tele-Meister

Champ!! I'd love to be able to knock one of those down to 0.5W!

stepvan likes this.
  16. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

Tweed guy here. I wouldn't say any BF amp "breaks up gloriously", not unless you throw it off the back of the truck.

While you're moving of course.

Silly me. First I built a "5F1" that plays loud 'n' clean and don't worry, there's a switch that makes it crawl through the dirt.

Then I built a "5E3" that plays loud as hell and clean. No switch on that one. It gets super dirty when it's dialed into the big numbers with a broad transition in between.

Model that, suckas!

:D

Considering how modeling amps are slowly catching on it surprises me guitar synths have fallen by the wayside.

Digital synthesis has come a long way since the original Synclavier.

Beats me why anyone would want to mimic a Deluxe when a real Deluxe does what it does so well.

Beats me why anyone would buy a "Super Reverb" modeling amp and then a "tweed Bassman" modeling amp when both models can be loaded into the same amp. For that matter Fender could model every amp they've ever made and load it into one amp. Just add a rotary "switch" and dial up the amp you want.

Methinks we're getting played by a marketing gimmick.

I stuck my head into Piero's Music over two decades ago. Lou Fanacone was a real life version of Adam Sandler's fictional "Wedding Singer". Lou got him a hex pickup, a MIDI guitar interface and an Akai sampler. Loud wanted to and needed to play Hammond organ on his guitar, trumpet on his guitar and saxophone on his guitar. And he did!

IMO it's a waste to use modeling technology to emulate the same old tones.

backporchmusic and jimash like this.
  17. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I suggested that (even have a limited set of models: tweed, brown and blackface deluxe models in a 1x12 combo) and people ran around with their hair on fire. Too complicated! I'd be tweaking all day long!

18. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Tele-Afflicted

Around here there are always Twin Reverbs on Craigslist for $500-600.
    People want $700-800 for used Deluxe Reverbs. And good luck finding a used Princeton Reverb. People seem to hold on to their 65 PRRIs like gold.

19. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

Yeah, I know.

People trust the familiar and distrust the unfamiliar. That's part of the marketing gimmick.

LuthRavin likes this.
  20. LuthRavin

LuthRavin Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

I'm all for the future in technology..I mean, I use a Tech21sansamp guitar2 at times that warrant it..my question is,...why would I sell my Super Reverb and Deluxe Reverb and then purchase a ToneMaster to emulate and sounds of an amp I just sold? What am I missing here..now if I never had the above mentioned amps ..yeah I could see it..They still don't have one in my hometown to check out.. all they had were just the old out dated reissues of the once upon a time famous Fender amps..

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.