Will Fender ever put out their version of a Fractal, Helix, or GT1000???

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by ASATKat, Jul 12, 2019.

1. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Afflicted

Yes. But the technology has improved. For example, such amps now utilizes the FX loop and true bypass; where you can use an original amp and in addition the module amp as additional channels. And the FX Loop on the module will accept your pedals and such. The new amp cases are also reverse compatible to work with older Randall or Egnater modules.

I suppose it's not much different than Fractal audio improving on amp simulations and modeling technology. The technology was existent but much improved upon in many ways.

2. Lawdawg

Lawdawg Tele-Holic

That's exactly why I think hardware digital guitar amps will eventually go the way of hardware VA synths and be replaced by fully software solutions. From what I've heard, the software isn't there yet, but at some point it's not going to make sense to pay $2000 for a hardware digital amp than can readily replaced by a comparable software rig.

3. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

The Cyber Twin has its fans. It's a strong contender for multi instrumentalists. Stevie Winwood's guitar player uses a Fender Cyber Twin live. At least he did last year at Hyde Park.

4. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I can absolutely assure you that the Kemper rig is considerably lighter than a Marshall head and 4x12. I have both rigs.

5. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

Yes, but it's not so much the weight, but size of them. The Kemper I saw in person was about the proportion of a decent sized tube head with a large powered cab. I guess that might be intentional so it feels substantial and s bit rugged.

The price secondhand......

Dumbles and original Bognors expensive too I guess. I'm not the market for any of that stuff.

6. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

My Kemper fits in a 3U rack bag, though the toasters are slightly larger than that (but not any wider). A Marshall head is about 10" wider, and weighs upward of 50lbs.

7. cyclopean

cyclopean Friend of Leo's

i bet they have some r&d money on it right now but that they're not going to release it until they think they have something better (or better for the price point) than their competition.

or i could be wrong.

8. cyclopean

cyclopean Friend of Leo's

swimming has given me greater leg and core strength and my bigass 4x10 combo is getting lighter.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.