Will a Jensen Nighthawk 12" Speaker fit in a Fender Blues Junior

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by fatbastard, Jun 17, 2016.

1. fatbastard

fatbastard TDPRI Member

I quite like my Blues Junior Amp, but like many I note its limitations including its 'boxiness'. I have listened to demonstratios of the BillM mods and possibly it is the fault of poor audio Youtube videos, but have been underwhelmed at the kind of difference it makes, so was looking to possibly change the speaker instead.

I have quite liked the tone of the Jensen Nighthawk amp (details below)

http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/images/File/data sheet_ Jensen C12NIGHTHAWK-ZJ06390.pdf

The thing is that I am not sure of its compatibility - both tonally and more importantly phsically. In my view it will probably improve the tone and give a creamier / smoother overdrive sound, but am not sure it will fit in case as it appears taller than the Eminence stock speaker, and looking at the amp itself I think it is a tough call (have not changed an amp speaker before either).

Would love to hear input on how people think this sound / if it will fit at all.

Thanks

2. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

All of the dimensions are there for you to use to make comparisons to what is in the amp now...to see if it will fit. For my money, if TAD has an Eminence GB128 and if it will fit; that is a speaker will do good things in that amp, IMHO.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.