1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Wilkinson bridge narrow?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by roflcopter, Mar 3, 2011.

1. roflcopter

roflcopter TDPRI Member

I just replaced the standard bridge on my 02 MIM with a wilkinson I bought from another user on here and the bridge cavity route comes out the sides a bit. The bridge is about 4 mm narrower than the stock bridge. is this typical? i could only find a couple of threads where anything similar was mentioned but it was usually on the 'top' side of the bridge near the pg.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And yes I realize the saddle is upside down, it's angled the wrong direction on the other side so I just split through it on upside down. havent intonated yet, but it should be good enough for now. I was going to use it as a roller for a b-bender than opted not to use my hipshot on it.

2. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

What you are seeing is normal for a Telecaster - search the forum for "butt crack" :eek: - although the gaps are usually symmetrical and the same on both bass and treble sides of the bridge.

You have to remember that Leo designed the bridge to be used with an "ashtray" cover that covered up the edges of the route...

[​IMG]

3. roflcopter

roflcopter TDPRI Member

ah ha! i knew it had to be something. haha.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.