Wilde Twin Blade help

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by mefgames, Oct 31, 2012.

1. mefgames

mefgames Friend of Leo's Double Platinum Supporter

I'm trying to wire a Wilde Bill Lawrence L500 with one push/pull volume and one tone. The diagrams I see for these pickups online do not match the wire colors. Can someone post a correct diagram for this ? I just want the P/P switch to switch between full Humbucker or one single coil.

Thanks, Mike

2. editorjuno

editorjuno Tele-Afflicted

I don't have a specific diagram, but the Wilde color code is listed on their website, so you should be able adapt pretty much any diagram by substituting the colors. BTW, in my experience with an L-500L, switching the coils to parallel rather than the usual series wiring works better than using only one coil -- it's a very usable way to go, and I'm pretty sure there's a diagram for doing it on the same web page with the color code sheet. That page works sort of like a slide show, just click on what you want when it comes up:

Wiring & Tech Info

3. mefgames

I looked at their site first, but their diagrams didn't help me. I am working from the Guitar Electronics website diagram. I used this diagram on another project with a Bill Lawrence pickup that was not a Wilde pickup so the colors were not the same as Bill and Becky's. The color coded diagram worked great for me as I am not an electronics wizard. I need more of a paint by numbers diagram for this pickup. Even if someone could tell me the North/South wire colors, that might help a bit.

Thanks, Mike

4. teleforumnoob

teleforumnoob Friend of Leo's

From the Wylde site:

All Pickups with White/Black/Blue Wires

White Wire -- Hot

Black/ Blue Wires -- Ground

All Pickups with White/Black/Red/Green/Blue Wires

White Wire -- Hot

Black/Blue Wires -- Ground

Red/Green Wires -- Twist together, insulate with shrink wrap or electrical tape for humbucking OR solder to either a push/pull or on/off switch for split coil.

[​IMG]

5. mefgames

This diagram from the site is one I looked at. It does not help me. It uses a 3 pos toggle. I'm using a P/P switch. It has 2 vol, 2 tones. I have one P/P vol and one tone.

This is the diagram I used before with the Bill Lawrence pickup I had, not a Bill and Becky. As you can see from the second pic, the wire colors are different. If I knew the north and south colors, even that might help. I called and talked to someone at Wilde, but that did not answer my question. I am not a wiring guru, hence my dilemma.

Thanks again, and still need of the answer. HELP !!

Attached Files:

6. editorjuno

editorjuno Tele-Afflicted

The color codes from your second diagram are on the left of the "="; the equivalent Wilde color codes are on the right:

Red = White
    White = Green
    Green = Red
    Black = Black
    Bare/Shield = Blue

7. mefgames

Thanks so much !! Now where did I put my soldering iron ?

Thanks again, Mike

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.