Wild enough to work?!

Tele-varius

TDPRI Member
Wild idea here...talk me off the ledge if this will damage anything but...

I've got a Squier Telecaster (MIC early 2000s) and its tuning pegs disintegrated and fell apart recently. Would a 2002 MIM Strat neck fit the body and give me a usable guitar?

Also, can anyone point me in the direction of some tuning pegs that will fit this Squier's neck? I'd like to get some Fenders on there and upgrade the Squier neck. I don't know anything about this stuff so I appreciate any guidance.

68Telebass

Friend of Leo's
Should work with Strat neck. Also check out Wilkinson tuners. Reasonable cost, and models to fit Strat/Tele necks. Just check the diameter of the tuning peg holes as mentioned earlier.

68Telebass

Friend of Leo's
These are their “vintage”.
upload_2020-12-29_20-54-10.png

just do a quick search on Amazon.

Attachments

• upload_2020-12-29_20-54-10.jpeg
    upload_2020-12-29_20-54-10.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 117

Tele-varius

TDPRI Member
Thanks everyone, should have mentioned that I already own the Strat neck, so wouldn't need to purchase it. Thought of seeing if the Squier body and Strat neck would fit.

68Telebass

Friend of Leo's
Thanks everyone, should have mentioned that I already own the Strat neck, so wouldn't need to purchase it. Thought of seeing if the Squier body and Strat neck would fit.

Let us know!! A Tele player in a band (sort of near me) in Phoenix has a strat neck on his- he says it’s the Best of Both Worlds!

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
It’ll look a little goofy with those gaps in the corners of the pocket, but in my experience it can be done. Doesn’t hurt to try!