Wild animals are taking over/visitors every night/your visitors?

rcole_sooner

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Same kind of spider, barn spider, but on a running trail. He who goes down the trail first in the morning gets to clear out the webs for the others. :lol:

1653498434513.png

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
These get to stay too, but I knock their webs down, until they move them out of the way. And they do, they learn.

View attachment 986973

Yep. We get these guys too. I had one crawling on my shirt the other day, sitting out on the deck. I didn't know they'd learn to move their webs though! I knock em down too, but they just put em back up. Maybe I've got the dumb version or something... LOL!!

rcole_sooner

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Yep. We get these guys too. I had one crawling on my shirt the other day, sitting out on the deck. I didn't know they'd learn to move their webs though! I knock em down too, but they just put em back up. Maybe I've got the dumb version or something... LOL!!
It takes several times.

I've learned to walk waving my hand in front of me a night. :lol:

Nightclub Dwight

Friend of Leo's
Mostly raccoons, opposum, rabbits and skunks. I'm not happy about the rabbits because they eat my vegetable garden, but they aren't too bad. The ones I hate are the ground hogs. They eat everything. Even worse, one tunneled under my garage a few years ago and collapsed part of the floor. The problem is, he must have left his calling card, because every new groundhog in the neighborhood wants to re-excavate his old burrow. I am constantly on groundhog patrol.

tintag27

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Mostly raccoons, opposum, rabbits and skunks. I'm not happy about the rabbits because they eat my vegetable garden, but they aren't too bad. The ones I hate are the ground hogs. They eat everything. Even worse, one tunneled under my garage a few years ago and collapsed part of the floor. The problem is, he must have left his calling card, because every new groundhog in the neighborhood wants to re-excavate his old burrow. I am constantly on groundhog patrol.
So it's Groundhog Day for you...?

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Today's visitors...

Ha! Man we had 2 squirrels lounging out just like this, on our deck rail the other day. One was lounging on the rail, the other was lounging on the top of the back of one of our deck chairs! LOL!!! Crazy to see em taking a snooze like that, all sprawled out etc.

Nightclub Dwight

Friend of Leo's
We have your standard grey squirrels, but I have noticed a population of black squirrels nearby. I'm just describing the color of squirrels, no racial motives at all to this. Ironically, the black squirrels were located in a Pittsburgh neighborhood named, aptly enough, Squirrel Hill. A few years ago I noticed the black squirrels at my friend's house in Regent Square, which is kind of between Squirrel Hill and where I live. Finally, this past year, we got our first black squirrel in the neighborhood. I think they are standard grey squirrels, just a black color variant. I'll try to get some photos.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Apart from a Possum on the roof once in a while I don't know what's out there at night.... it's dark.

though, you can tell visiting critters by the poop they left behind.

Snake poop... from the house python, I reckon.

I hardly ever see it, but I know there's no mouse problem on the veranda.. ;)

snake poop.jpg

bcorig

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Lost in the 909 trying to find my way home
I think I’ve been cursed by nature or something…

Or the animals are trying to take over…

I live in the woods but I’ve never seen this much wildlife in such a short span

It all started after I made the thread about finding a baby snake in my room, maybe I angered it? Since then in a span of a week or two I’ve had animals around or in my house, I hope this thread doesn’t anger them…

So it started with the snake, I released it and a couple days later while moving stuff around it pops up again dangling in my face (I screamed like a little girl even though I’m not afraid of snakes)

Then this week starting Saturday I see the bunny which is around sometimes so not too odd, then Sunday…the raccoon! A raccoon was moseying around the back yard (never seen a live one here) then… Monday the bats! TWO BATS! Flying around the house! At 1:30 in the morning (Window on a crack)

And finally the strange creature of last night… I was sitting on the back porch when what sounded like a strange turkey (woddle woddle woddle) cam rushing through the back yard out to the front and into the small tree line out there, I went looking and couldn’t find what it was (a wounded bird? Escaped chicken?)

I CAN’T WAIT for what’s going to visit next!

Am I cursed by nature? Non of them have really caused any harm

Do you have regular wild visitors?

Could be worse… at least I don’t have lions tigers or bears
Sam Kenison would tell you “YOU LIVE IN THE F-N COUNTRY!!! OW!! OW!! OW!!

Synchro

Tele-Holic
Here in southeastern AZ, there is a lot of wildlife. Deer are an everyday event, and even more common in the winter months. We have the occasional javelina or coyote, both of which I’d be glad to do without. Diamondbacks are in the area, but i don’t see them all that often. A few years ago, I saw an Arizona Coral Snake, which was quite beautiful, with exceptionally bright yellow bands.

A few miles south of my home, in the mountains, there is the occasional sighting of a Jaguar. He’s elusive, but I imagine that the abundance of deer is quite attractive to a 200+ pound cat.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Just had an adult black bear in our front yard less than 50' from the house. 10:15am on a bright sunny morning. Unfortunately I wasn't quick enough to get a picture. We've had many sightings in this area this spring. We're between a heavily wooded area and some wetlands so it's like Route 66 for the wildlife. Cute little guys.