Wild animals are taking over/visitors every night/your visitors?

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
I think I’ve been cursed by nature or something…

Or the animals are trying to take over…

I live in the woods but I’ve never seen this much wildlife in such a short span

It all started after I made the thread about finding a baby snake in my room, maybe I angered it? Since then in a span of a week or two I’ve had animals around or in my house, I hope this thread doesn’t anger them…

So it started with the snake, I released it and a couple days later while moving stuff around it pops up again dangling in my face (I screamed like a little girl even though I’m not afraid of snakes)

Then this week starting Saturday I see the bunny which is around sometimes so not too odd, then Sunday…the raccoon! A raccoon was moseying around the back yard (never seen a live one here) then… Monday the bats! TWO BATS! Flying around the house! At 1:30 in the morning (Window on a crack)

And finally the strange creature of last night… I was sitting on the back porch when what sounded like a strange turkey (woddle woddle woddle) cam rushing through the back yard out to the front and into the small tree line out there, I went looking and couldn’t find what it was (a wounded bird? Escaped chicken?)

I CAN’T WAIT for what’s going to visit next!

Am I cursed by nature? Non of them have really caused any harm

Do you have regular wild visitors?

Could be worse… at least I don’t have lions tigers or bears

Last edited:

SparkleFart

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Bear, porcupine, & eagles are more notable of our many, semi-regular visitors.

(sorry for poor image quality)

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

pork.jpg

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
Bear, porcupine, & eagles are more notable of our many, semi-regular visitors.

(sorry for poor image quality)

View attachment 986810

View attachment 986811

View attachment 986812

View attachment 986813
This reminds me of a video I saw recently of a bear opening a woman’s door, she scolds the bear an it grabs the door handle with its mouth and closes it

I don’t know if it was put on but it made me sad, you could see in the video that the bear didn’t have any teeth, poor thing might not have been able to fend for itself anymore

tfarny

Poster Extraordinaire
I live in a little exurban town sandwiched between a river and a small mountain / big hill. Classic human/wildlife inter section. Every rodent, eagles hawks deer, coyotes. Otters in the river. My dog is particularly mad about the little bunny rabbits that visit the lawn early in the morning…

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I live in a close suburb to metro Cleveland. But… I live on a dead end with woods behind my house.

I have a pair of great horned owls that live back there, and frequently make appearances. I have raccoons, possums, the rare skunk, there’s a bunny warren back there, we’ve seen the odd Fox or two. LOTS of deer. It happens. This doesn’t even touch on the insane number of squirrels, chipmunks, mice, and other small stuff.

Lately what’s worrying me are the coyotes. I grew up in west Texas, I’m not actually worried about coyotes usually, but they’re acting weird. Adapting, I guess. But coyotes aren’t pack animals in most cases. They’re loners. I’ve seen a four pack running together several times in the last few months running my neighborhood when I’m getting home from gigs at 3-4 in the morning.

That’s not good. And they’re especially bold. Safety in numbers, I guess.

I look at it this way- we’ve been encroaching on and screwing up their habitats for so long, that they’re learning to live with us. Wild animals will never stop being wild. But they’re trying to still carve out and own their space. Who can blame them?

Weazel

Tele-Afflicted
My neighbourhood has cats, bumblebees, deer and the occasional badger.
It is all good.

Oh, and from time to time I see dogs walking around with some strange looking two-legged creatures. These creatures are connected to the dogs with a band of some sort, and are often seen picking up the dogs vaste and putting it in small plastic bags.

tintag27

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
We don't get anything too scary around here - but I commonly get moths sucked in the open windows or even butterflies moving in...
Large Yellow Underwing.png

A gorgeous Large Yellow Underwing moth... Mostly the problem is that they only decide to come out at night, attracted by my bedside light when I am reading - it can be a bit startling when they suddenly start buzzing around your head at one in the morning :0)

Small Tortoiseshell.jpg

After hibernating on my ceiling for some months, this Small Tortoiseshell butterfly decided it was finally time to leave. Realising my hand was warmer than outside he stayed for a few minutes, and then was gone. I shall miss him... especially as he was doomed - it was December... tricked by the central heating he had come out of hibernation 3 months early

WRHB

Tele-Holic
You guys are lucky. My neighborhood is overrun with pesky kids selling candy bars or Girl Scout cookies or some such nonsense. Every time I open the door to tell them to get off my lawn costs me $5-$10. I never even get a chance to yell at them because it’s hard to yell when your mouth is full of Hershey’s chocolate or an almond bar.
B6E40B69-F9F0-42CA-B71F-EE28B52CE791.jpeg
89130954-D963-44E7-9B03-BB33F07F926D.jpeg