1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Wife's racy leather outfit.....Hubba, Hubba!!!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by John Backlund, Jan 23, 2021.

1. John Backlund

John Backlund Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I dragged Trixie's old red &white leather racing suit out of the back of the closet and took several photos of it, along with her boots. I hadn't seen it for years and thought it would be interesting to see it again. The outfit is about thirty-three years old.
    IMG_20210123_113124864.jpg

IMG_20210123_113308124.jpg
    She club-raced in the CRA at Brainerd, Minnesota on her Yamaha SRX600 for three seasons from 1988 to about 1991.

Screenshot_20200713-133606~2.png

Her pants still show the circular black rubber mark where another racer's front tire hit her leg on a turn.
    IMG_20210123_113136468.jpg

2. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Friend of Leo's

Clickbait alert.

But still worth it. That’s a great cornering shot!

3. gregulator450

gregulator450 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Super cool!

John Backlund and Toto'sDad like this.
  4. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Pretty cool.

5. REWTX

REWTX Tele-Meister

Very cool! Sounds like you guys have had an interesting life. Keep on enjoying!

6. johnnylaw

johnnylaw Tele-Afflicted

Kudos to you for keeping up with her!

7. Buckaroo65

Buckaroo65 Tele-Holic

She didn't WANT to get away...you old fox!

Chicago Matt and John Backlund like this.
  8. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

I've always enjoyed amateur road racing and have seen some very quick women on bikes. Brainerd has a cool course. Turn 1 is still claimed to be the fastest turn on any US road course.

John Backlund likes this.
  9. Steerforth

Steerforth Friend of Leo's

Cool leathers and cool racing pic!

Steerforth: “Honey, I think you should start racing motorcycles.”

Mrs. Steerforth: “Are you mad? Do you have any idea of the kinds of trauma we see from people riding motorcycles? And helmets don’t guarantee anything. You can still end up with a subdural hematoma, or worse! I would think that you of all people would understand the dangers of head injuries! And don’t even get me started on the orthopaedic possibilities! I can’t even count the number of compound fractures I’ve seen from motorcycle accidents. And even if they’re lucky enough to avoid fractures, the dermal abrasions are horrendous, and quite often end up infected due the dirt and debris that gets embedded! It is not a comfortable thing for a patient when that has to be cleaned out! Also, apart from head injuries, the possibility of neurological involvement is ever present, anything from severed nerves to spinal cord injuries. Sometimes the damage to internal organs is atrocious! You see ruptured spleens, lacerated livers, all sorts of things. And the ophthalmological injuries we see would stand your hair on end! Now that I think about it, maybe you should sell that stupid motocross racer of yours. That thing is dangerous, and you’re getting too old to be roaring around the pasture at ninety miles per hour. Besides, with your head injury, another blow to the head might kill you instantly! I’m certainly not going to race any motorcycles. That sort of thing is just asking for trouble!”

Steerforth: “All right. Forgot I mentioned it. Say, would you like to learn to scuba dive? I’m an excellent instructor.”

Mrs. Steerforth: “Scuba dive? Do you have any idea how dangerous scuba diving is? Oh, well I guess you do. Do you want me to end up with a pulmonary embolism? And what about the bends? I often suspect that much of your arthritis could be traced straight back to your decompression tables. Nitrogen settled into major joints will do that. I’m surprised that you can still walk. And what about sharks, and other dangerous sea creatures? Why do you like all these things? I think you’re addicted to adrenaline. That happens, you know. Either that or you’re trying to turn me prematurely gray. Why can’t you just live a quiet, normal life?”

Steerforth: “I guess we could just bubble wrap ourselves and sit very still on the couch.”

Mrs. Steerforth: “Don’t be ridiculous. We’d suffocate. Why do you think they have those warnings on plastic bags?”

Steerforth: “What about skydiving?”

Mrs. Steerforth: “Oh my goodness! That’s insanity! N'allez pas chercher des ennuis. Assez de peine vous trouvera. Do you want me to plummet to my death? If I jumped out of an airplane I’d freeze completely! And the injuries from something like that, assuming that you survive at all if something goes wrong...”

Mrs. Steerforth and I have a slightly different perspective on what constitutes fun. :lol:

10. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Nope. You have to post a pic of her actually wearing it. Them's the rules and you should know that.

11. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

I like fast women too John .

12. jvin248

jvin248 Doctor of Teleocity

A friend of mine raced bikes around the same time as your wife.
    His suit had hockey puck sized blocks at the knees and elbows that showed a lot of grinding ... another racer had locked foot rests with his bike and they both went down, "You skid for a long time at eighty miles an hour".

stormsedge and John Backlund like this.
  13. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

Torren61, Sparky2, Obsessed and 4 others like this.
  14. Lotek

Lotek TDPRI Member

Gotta say this just made my day! I still own my Srx, though its seen better days. Always wanted to track it but my Sr500 proved to be more than enough fun for me. I love the well rounded lives us Telecaster lovers live!

Dan German and John Backlund like this.
  15. MarkieMark

MarkieMark Friend of Leo's

@John Backlund

I just want you to know, I would have never clicked on this thread if it was started by anyone else... ;)

My leathers and boots dried up and crumbled some three waist sizes ago or so. :cry:
    I put on an old helmet a while ago and the foam liner padding was dust. Upgraded and updated that one!

16. Steerforth

Steerforth Friend of Leo's

It’s strange, isn’t it? My uniforms have shrunk since I retired from the military, and all they’ve been doing is hanging in the closet.

17. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

Trixie ROCKS!!!!

John Backlund likes this.
  18. John Backlund

John Backlund Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Here ya go!

Her matching helmet has been gone for decades, so you'll have to settle for her black Shoei, but everything else is there.

It was a bit of a fight to get this thing on, but she still looks pretty good for fifty-seven, I, on the other hand...............................................
    IMG_20210123_161345068_BURST001_COMP.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    stormsedge, Jupiter, DonM and 12 others like this.
  19. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

BRAINERD!

“I was thinking we could take care of it..right here...in brainerd”-Steve Buscemi

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  20. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Friend of Leo's

I'm laughing WITH you, friend. Not AT you.:lol:

Steerforth likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.