Why Would A Lady Do This?

omahaaudio

Friend of Leo's
I am amazed, although I shouldn't be, that so many American residents here immediately worry that she has a gun, or that any other "angry" driver might have a gun. It's frightening.

omahaaudio

Friend of Leo's
More than once I've been behind a driver at a four-way stop, that wanted to be "courteous" and wave another driver through.....except THAT driver wanted to demur and wave my guy through.....so we ended up with a stalemate, with everyone "thinking" they're being nice......and NO ONE moves. This is why traffic laws provide a solution. (that many drivers apparently aren't aware of) The driver to the right has preference.
If everyone arrives at the four way at the same time then everyone is to someone else's right.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
If everyone arrives at the four way at the same time then everyone is to someone else's right.
How often does that happen? Maybe once every twenty years?
Ok....if that occurs I think everyone should get out of their cars, meet in the middle of the intersection, have a glass of wine, and then flip a coin to determine order of procession. ;)
Or.....exercise common sense and quickly figure it out. :):):)

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
Then after a courtesy pause, everyone simultaneously decides to inch forward and test the waters, and all four stop again and look at each other.
It happens.

Then on the other end of the spectrum, is a more recent trend.
Turn? It's more like the heck with taking turns, it's more like stop and go. Get out of the way! I don't care that two or three cars stopped before me. Get out of the way. The heck with you all, I am going!
And I am not pointing fingers, but you can count on certain car brand owners being of the latter ilk.

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
:^)

Three of the four driver were looking down, and have no idea who got there first. About generalizations about drivers of certain cars, beware IMO that such attitudes are not uniform throughout the whole USA. The driver of Brand X may think writing a large check buys him the road in one state, but elsewhere that driver is doing driving instruction two times a year. Lease operators behave one way, while buyers on time behave another way, and those who paid cash behave still a third way.

My respect goes to the driver who does his own repairs. Our 2006 9-5 wagon (girlfriend driving) got hit in the crossfire when two others hit head on, and Allstate's pitiful coverage was totally consumed by the loss to the #1 not at fault vehicle and those occupants, so I just lined up a replacement door and fender, etc., off a donor car and fixed it myself. I know how much trouble it took to find these parts in the right color and get it back together right - I ain't hitting nothing and I ain't letting nothing hit me.

Last edited: