WHY WON'T YOU LEAVE FEEDBAAAAAACK??!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Torren61, Dec 14, 2019.

1. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

Exactly.

Torren61 likes this.
  2. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Send me $2K. I'll leave positive feedback, I promise. How many you want?

3. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

4. staxman

staxman Tele-Holic

I'll give you 4 1/2 stars-- half star off for whining. (just kiddin' ;))

5. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I’ve never sold anything, but I’ve bought a lot on eBay. I always leave feedback immediately - usually positive, but probably a couple of times we’ll in the past neutral - as that was what was deserved. I have had extremely good experiences with excellent seller communication as of late. I give repeat business to those that have been exceptional sellers from my standpoint, instead of just searching for the lowest price on an item. Same thing I would do if buying local. I was screwed over by a seller once and eBay nor PayPal ever compensated me back - they just pointed to each other as responsible - that was extremely disappointing. That sellers account mysteriously “disappeared”.

6. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Feedback is an element injected into commerce by the tech companies, because keeping track of "data" is what they're good at, not because it contributes anything to the process, and it's sad that they've made it so important to the buyers and sellers who are their customers.

My refusal to play is a shot at the Man, and I view it as a form of free speech. The idea of "no vote is a no vote" should not apply here, and I resent being pressured to send feedback when I don't feel like it. A transaction is about money and products or services; a "critique" of the transaction by either party is superfluous, especially if it's from the seller about the buyer.

Even if my buying experience is unsatisfactory, all I need is contact information: name, address, and phone number of the seller. I have no desire or obligation to involve anyone else. Sellers rating buyers is ridiculous--@Torren61 got caught up in it--but the techsters seem to think it's a good idea.

(Edit: I just realized that I went into Amos-Hoople automatic gasbag mode here: I don't actually give a high-flying hoot about this, though it's true that I don't leave feedback when I buy stuff, don't want to, and I don't sell online.)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  7. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Feedback is a must on auction sites where the seller and buyer are independent from the site. It's the only way to tell how likely it is you will receive what you are paying for in the time specified in the listing or how likely it is the buyer may try to weasel a refund or claim that they never received their item despite receiving it. It's still a crap shoot but your odds are much better when you have a previous history to check on.

Without feedback your next purchase or sale could be from a guy that has a bad habit of ripping people off. I'd much rather have better odds at a hassle free transaction than have to jump on a plane to go pay some weasel a visit because he attempted to rip me off on a high cost item.

bender66, Torren61, NewKid and 2 others like this.
  8. lammie200

lammie200 Friend of Leo's

I agree with Chunkocaster. I just saw a YouTube unboxing by a guy that seems to be making his living buying, unboxing, and selling. He bought a guitar on line from Reverb and received a gallon of ammonia cleaning fluid and a bunch of packing instead of a guitar. He didn’t go into detail about the seller, but said he will rely on Reverb’s guarantee policy for a refund.

Concerning EBay I think a 90% feedback rate is about the norm. I have had 661 left for me and I have given 733. Sellers are more likely to leave feedback than buyers from my experience. I have had a few disputes with losers, but I still have a 100% rating. They didn’t leave me negative feedback.

Torren61 and Chunkocaster like this.
  9. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Too bad everyone who deals with you doesn't know that. It would influence my buying habits if I knew the seller wasn't going to leave good feedback for me when I buy their $2000+ guitar and after I've left them good feedback. Do you carry this attitude with you when you're with your significant other (don't answer that, I really don't care)? Sounds like a selfish attitude to me.

10. Switchy

Switchy Tele-Meister

All that matters is that you don't have NEGATIVE feedback.

Torren61 likes this.
  11. Chunkocaster

So you would feel confident in buying or shipping a 10k guitar to a guy that got positive feedback for one transaction a couple years ago but had 10 transactions with no feedback in the past month?

Torren61 likes this.
  12. davenumber2

davenumber2 Friend of Leo's

If he pays you and it clears what does it matter? (When selling obviously) It’s not like you’re shipping out the guitar before you have the money.

13. Chunkocaster

Well he could say the guitar was damaged and want a reduction in price or refund, he could say he never received the guitar and you would have the stress and hassle of having to prove he did etc. He could just be a lunatic that gives you the run around for no reason, damages the guitar and ships it back and is granted a full refund.

NewKid and Torren61 like this.
  14. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I have a standard routine to ensure i get my feedback from Ebay
    I usually give the seller 3-4 days and then I leave them a personal contact like

Hi I just won this auction and it arrived safe , so I left you a positive feed back , but i did not get one in return , is there an issue I need to know about? if there is please let me know .

and usually with in 24 hrs I get a responce ( so far positive)

bender66, Torren61 and Chunkocaster like this.
  15. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

I'm with @Chunkocaster all the way too. Feedback matters for lots of reasons and why it exists in the first place. I would say to @Torren61 that his percentage of feedback is pretty impressive these days. I would take it as a very positive sign that you are doing the right things. People make the sale or buy and they are off to something else. Human nature not to be respectful and give you feedback.

Also, and don't take this wrong, no feedback is better than bad feedback. I have done this myself on an exchange that could have been better. I didn't want to ruin the other party's record with a negative feedback, so I did not leave feedback. Thank your record as it is, there might of been something not quite right about something you are not even aware of.

Torren61 and Chunkocaster like this.
  16. Switchy

Switchy Tele-Meister

I never feel confident buying or shipping anything over $50.00 online. I would never buy a guitar over $150.00 bucks sight unseen.
    I would never sell and ship a guitar over $150.00 because shipping guitars is a crap shoot, and losing all the money is quite a possibility no matter what the feedback of the buyer is. Total destruction or unexplained loss of your stuff is totally possible no matter how careful you are.

"Confidence" is not a word I use when discussing online purchases or sales. "Luck" is. and every time I buy or sell anything, I ask myself, do I feel lucky? And will it be so bad if I lose out the whole dollar amount of the item.
    Big ticket items are something I do locally almost exclusively.

So you're asking the wrong person.

But... whenever I buy something I prefer no negative feedback, and even allow a few negative dings if the seller has several 1000 sales, because some buyers are just dicks and/or stupid and you have to take that into consideration.

17. Chunkocaster

True it's always a gamble. I like having the ability to buy or sell items over $150 bucks and still check feedback before buying $2 buck items to increase my odds of having a hassle free transaction and receiving what I paid for. I will buy the $2 buck item from the seller with recent 100% feedback over the guy below him with zero feedback in the past 6 months.

Torren61 likes this.
  18. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

The guitars were purchased, the positive feedback was earned.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  19. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

100 out of 108 leaving Feedback is a high rate, I wouldn't complain! Last time I checked, about one third of eBay users don't bother to leave Feedback. As a conscientious eBay seller with over 1,500 sales (and never a single negative feedback), it gripes me when people don't leave positive Feedback.

Why? Feedback is an essential self-policing mechanism for sites like eBay. I steer clear of eBay sellers with anything under 98% and even that's pushing it. I noticed that on Amazon, where buyers seem to take a different attitude, a seller Feedback score of 97% is almost normal. On eBay 97% is near disastrous.

However, it's useful to check a user's actual Feedback, because often you can see where some hothead left negative Feedback when it wasnt warranted, temporarily weighing down the overall Feedback score. On the other hand, other times you can clearly see where a seller is using bad practices.

As for rating buyers, sometimes buyers are a royal pain, dishonest, demanding troublemakers, etc.; I've never left negative Feedback for anyone (I just don't leave any in those cases), but some buyers certainly deserve it and other users should be warned away from them. (Was tempted once to leave this Feedback note: "Sellers, save yourself future trouble and block this buyer NOW." ...I decided to take the 'high road' and just let it go.)

So, how about some "Likes" for this??! :lol::D

Torren61 and P Thought like this.
  20. Peegoo

Peegoo Tele-Holic

Never a problem for me because I rarely sell stuff. And when I do, I don't sell stuff in places that require feedback as part of the transaction :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.