WHY WON'T YOU LEAVE FEEDBAAAAAACK??!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Torren61, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I have a perfect eBay and Reverb record. I take pride in that. I make sure to leave feedback. On occasion, I've messaged the other person to say that I can't leave good feedback for whatever the reason so I won't leave any feedback. This has happened twice and I think it had to do with shipping or whatever the reason it was justified.

But, when I've just spent $2000 to buy your Martin Custom Shop or I spent $2300 to buy your Taylor, won't you leave feedback? I paid quickly. I inspected the guitars and left positive feedback for you within two days of purchase, yet you haven't left feedback for me? I bought the martin last December.

My feedback is 108 left and 100 received. ALL the received feedback is positive. Why isn't there 108?

It's got me thinking to just not leave feedback until I get feedback but I don't like that idea. As long as you did right by me, you deserve good feedback.

I may not show it, but it's got me cranky...

2. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Out of the past 10 sales I've only received 2 feedbacks. It's rude and annoys me too.
    I can only put it down to there being so many ignorant or self serving a holes using ebay these days. Some customers wont even reply to a message after congratulating them on winning an auction and informing them of when the item will be shipped etc.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    stinkey, Fretting out and Torren61 like this.
  3. Peegoo

Peegoo Tele-Holic

Feedback is all hooey anyway because it's not entirely accurate.

It's alot like the "like" button--which I associate with the prevalence of depression among young people today. "Billy has more likes than me," etc.

It's not the real world.

4. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

My feedback should be double what it is, some buyers and some sellers just don't follow up. Better no feedback than bad feedback though!

5. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

So, it's you who is not leaving feedback because it's all "hooey" and "not the real world"? It's an acknowledgement of a satisfactory deal. You think it's not the real world? Try selling me something when you have less than 98% positive feedback...

6. Chunkocaster

With no feedback to go bye it increases the risk of a bad deal for buyers and sellers.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  7. wowazeplin

wowazeplin TDPRI Member

Your worrying about the 7.4% that didn’t leave feedback?

I’m rather impressed that 92.6% did provide feedback.

To quote Mr. Lee:
    “Its like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.“

stxrus, Obsessed, OldDude2 and 3 others like this.
  8. FenderLover

FenderLover Poster Extraordinaire

I think feedback is essential and real world. If you screw me over, you're not getting good feedback. It hasn't happened yet, but I won't buy from someone with bad marks. I don't leave feedback unless it's positive, (because I receive my product or payment) but I'll include comments like 'poorly packed'. I'm still at 100% on ebay after 20 years.

Fiesta Red and Torren61 like this.
  9. NewKid

NewKid Tele-Holic

Perfection is unattainable. 100 responses out of 108 deals or 93% seems like an extraordinary rate.

100% positive feedback would make me feel comfortable doing business with you.

You’ve done very well so give yourself a break because you can’t control what others do.

stnmtthw, bender66 and Torren61 like this.
  10. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

11. PlainAllman

PlainAllman Tele-Holic

I only worry about feedback when its coming from my amp and I have to tell you, it feels great.

8trackmind and wowazeplin like this.
  12. Chunkocaster

It's a lot less of a hassle to leave feedback than it is to deal with a sale or purchase gone wrong. By neglecting to leave feedback the possibility of that bum deal going down increases dramatically.

Torren61 likes this.
  13. FenderLover

FenderLover Poster Extraordinaire

Is anything entirely accurate?
    Feedback is not a 'Like' button.

Torren61 likes this.
  14. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

You are wanting feedback as a buyer?

You paid.. So what do you get the points for?

15. Chunkocaster

I have blocked low or bad feedback buyers from bidding before.
    I have also ended auctions early when a very low or negative feedback buyer has placed a bid. Would you feel comfortable sending a 1k plus guitar to a buyer that hasn't appeared to be active for a year or more and has low feedback?

Obsessed likes this.
  16. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Since Ebay took away the possibility of a seller leaving negative feedback, all of it is not honest anyway.
    Why bother?

bender66 likes this.
  17. Chunkocaster

You can provide details good or bad in the comments. Basically say whatever you want about them.

18. theprofessor

theprofessor Friend of Leo's

I agree. I want folks to leave good feedback, if they've had a good experience. I always do that. If ever I can't leave good feedback and yet things haven't been a disaster, I simply leave no feedback so that it won't overly penalize the seller. I only leave negative feedback if someone has been horrible.

Despite the fact that it's not a perfectly accurate picture, feedback is a necessary and important way to do things with sellers you've never met and can't speak to in person. You're going by their reputation among others as a proxy. That's the way the digital marketplace works, as far as I can tell.

As far as being potentially misleading: this is also the case with all other reviews of all types of stores. Even when going off of recommendations from others based on their in-person visits to stores over long periods of time, there will be no such thing as 100% accuracy.

I'm for feedback!

19. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

To do so requires leaving them a positive ranking which kind of defeats the purpose. You have to then search through comments for details.

If a seller contacted me and asked I'd have no problem leaving feed bag as I call it. Sometimes I'll forget.

Honestly, what did we do before feedback to get us thru? I liken it to yelp, & the people that rely on it so heavily that cant walk the planet without checking the yelp score. The new normal is effing exhausting. I'm just a simple cave man.

20. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

You want feedback? Just face towards your amp... :)

(Or should that be map? I dunno)

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.