why so much hatred for the Hot Rod Deluxe?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by evol04gt, May 10, 2009.

1. Spidercaster

Spidercaster Tele-Afflicted

Thats all that matters!!!

2. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Didn't have to go there at all... however, judging by the way your post was constructed, I thought you might've made a recent discovery.

My mistake.

3. moodus2006

moodus2006 Tele-Meister

O.K., YOU SUCK! Elitist a-hole. Lets just lay it out, is fender, carvin, peavey, **** because they are mass produced? You do know the tele was burst into infamy by being mass produced? It seems a plethora of people do like them. My problem not is in the fact you had no issue with flaming the **** out of the hot rod. My issue is in your suggestive tone, let me guess, you play through a Dr. Z. , your tone is imaculate but your playing sucks. So like men with small ..... you bought a nice amp instead of a truck.

4. scooteraz

scooteraz Tele-Afflicted

BTW, if you are using Webster's, I suggest you use Onelook instead. Dictonary compilation with cool little words of the day and hour. Builds vocabulary. Remember, if you use a word 3 times in sentences, it's yours!:lol:

5. collinsman

collinsman Tele-Afflicted

For some reason when I read this post, I think of an old adage: " When speaking, don't seek to impress, but rather seek to express." :D

6. scooteraz

scooteraz Tele-Afflicted

Well, well, well, looks like I was correct, Moodus2006 couldn't quite read to the end of the original post and note the OBVIOUS "SARCASM OFF" that was there, or didn't understand the meaning of the original post. Perhaps oyou should have asked your question of him.

Nice to be lectured by someone who can't read to the end of a post. Let me lay it out for you, the original was SARCASM! Just so YOU understand, here is the dictionary definition (For Colo Springs E, I am lifting this from a dictionary) "witty language used to convey insults or scorn". The scorn I was heaping was on the folks that say such things. Only #1 was relevant. Being clear, tone is between your ears, what sounds good to you sounds good to you, no arguments.

So, before you heap scorn on someone else, perhaps you should read the post to the end, and then think of alternative meanings, then when you don't know (as you obviously did not understand here) ask before heaping scorn on someone. Turns out I agree, there is NOTHING wrong with a Hotrod, or a Carvin or a (put your favorite proletarian mass-produced amp here).

For what it's worth, what I usually play through (and has recieved mixed reviews here and other places) is a mass produced Fender Princeton Recording Amp. Use the amp as a stage monitor, and the direct out to the board. The built in attenuator is very useful on the small stage area we have. The built in effects are not as good as others I have, but work fine n the situation I play in. Yes, I have a couple of nice boutique amps as well (no Dr Zs, but a Victoria and a Fargen), but they usually don't get used due to being louder than needed. Oh, have a Valve Jr. head as well, I like that little amp too, but the son has it right now.

There there, does your ..... feel bigger now that you were able to tell me off? Do you routinely have to tell people off to make your ..... feel bigger?

BTW, I have freely admitted that my playing needs help. My major talents lie elsewhere. But I do enjoy playing, love Teles and have been incredibly blessed so that I can afford more than one and a modicum of other toys to go with. Have the truck as well. Oh, and the ....., it's fine too.:lol: Still works right (without meds) after 36 years of marriage....:eek:

7. scooteraz

scooteraz Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, but it did bring the flamer back out :lol: Complete with insults to my :eek: Manhood :eek:

Language is but a tool.

8. TelZilla

TelZilla Friend of Leo's

it's "argot"

9. EZchair Picker

EZchair Picker Tele-Meister

No hatred for the HRDs really. Some us just plain don't gel with them. There's not a single aspect of the amp that I liked....but it's not really hatin on my part. That's just the reason that there are so many amps out there....cause there's so many different ears to please!

10. moodus2006

moodus2006 Tele-Meister

Sorry. I guess I over reacted. Won't happen again. I do get off trying to belittle people, it validates my existance.

11. EJG1

EJG1 Tele-Meister

LOL. I think we have a post-of-the-day candidate here!!

12. brownshoe

brownshoe Tele-Afflicted

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/announcement.php?f=44&a=1
    NO PERSONAL ATTACKS:
    When someone says something you don't agree with don't turn on them and attack them personally. Don't call people names. Don't resort to school yard bullying tactics. If you find yourself posting about some other poster and what they've done to offend you... that's the first sign that you are going offbase and attacking people personally.

There is a thing here called Ignore Lists and you could be added. If you want to continue going down that road, people may add you and if you do post a query or something actually informative, they won't see it.

Note that not all people are mind readers. If you are being sarcastic or just kidding you should point that out with a smiley perhaps.

13. scooteraz

scooteraz Tele-Afflicted

You are correct. Should have spell checked. That happens when ones vocabulary meets ones spelling challenged existence.:lol: Not to mention, typing challenged...:rolleyes:

It's only a slight difference. Argo: a constellation, Argot: language of a specific group. Close, right?:lol:

14. TG

TG Doctor of Teleocity

And sometimes even that isn't enough. In the past people have 'hidden behind' smileys by intentionally writing something offensive and then sticking one on the end.

And it can be difficult to see sarcasm and humour in a post if it reads like something that could have been written in all seriousness by someone (which might be what happened here).

15. Jammin'John

Jammin'John Tele-Afflicted

Hate

It's wierd.
    Someone starts a topic with "how come so much hate for ( )" and if anyone says that they don't like this (amp,guitar,pickup,color,etc.) the people who have one get pissed !

Lot's of great music has been made on cheaply made amps/guitars/PA's etc.
    Lot's of great players have played great gigs on cheap equipment.
    Maybe they never would have played if that cheap equipment was not around,don't know.

It's all good.

JJ

16. brownshoe

brownshoe Tele-Afflicted

Yup. When I know someone is being a jerk into the Ignore list they go. It's usually pretty obvious because you can read their personality's most of the time. As good 'ol NRBQ said in "You Can't Hide"...

You can stay in the dark
    I don't mind
    I can't stand your way
    It's not refined
    If I should take you home
    Well, early tonight you're gonna find out

That you can't hide behind your makeup
    You have to let your complexion show
    Well, you can't hide
    I have to let you know

You can play out your part
    I don't mind
    But understand
    You'll never read your mind
    It's not too late to show
    Beholding the light
    Can make you find out

Well, you can't hide
    I have to let you know
    Ahhh

Well, you can't hide
    I have to let you know

Let your complexion show
    Let your complexion show

17. JCSouthpawtele

JCSouthpawtele Friend of Leo's

You have to remember that is is hard to convey sarcasm over a computer screen because other people can't impart the tonality of your voice and gesturing. I am the master of sarcasm and know how to use it....ther not thats the definition.

Now back to you regular programming.

The Input jacks are known for breaking off and Torres Engineering has a mod for that.
    The band I run sound for had two of them loaded in the Equipment trailer on top of road cases and PA stack they got bashed around quite a bit and still performed week after week.

18. JDaveG

JDaveG Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Hate to resurrect the hate thread, but I have to add this.

I have very expensive gear for the most part, and I love it. Didn't want to compromise on tone, and didn't want to buy something I'm settling for only to have the question in the back of my mind whether I would have been better off spending the extra money to get what I really want.

But I am not that great a player, and I don't play in bars (and if I did, I wouldn't take an Oldfield Club D'Lux with brown ostrich tolex and a cane grill with me). There are players out there who can make me sound amateurish through a Squier Affinity and a $100 solid state amp.

Tone truly is between the ears. And having bought a bit of expensive gear, I am of the firm opinion that most people would be better off buying lessons instead. But for the fact that I can afford gear and lessons, I sure would put myself in that category.

19. redriding

redriding Tele-Meister

Ive got an fsr western noir deluxe iii and love it.
    The dirty channel isn't much to write home about but the clean channel is just wow!
    Mine came with a greenback fitted and it was a definite improvement over the stock models speaker which I ab'd at the time when I bought it.
    The clean channel makes an ideal pedal platform and with my OCD it cops some great overdriven tones.
    I also tried a deluxe reverb reissue at the time but it didn't wow me at all and was quite ice picky I found.
    Also tried a Deville but it was overkill volume wise.
    I find the clean channel to be somewhere between a bassman and a blackface (but leaning more to tweedy cleans)

Attached Files:

20. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

I had one for about 2 weeks and took it back. Agree the cleans were nice but just way too loud for me. 1, to quiet and on 2 I was way too loud to play at home. Mine was an early model and I think it had linear pots.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.